Notices

Hi

Old 09-29-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hi Delia -

Welcome to SR! I was pretty clumsy at the beginning of recovery, I think that's fairly common. Congrats on one week! It does get easier, but it takes time. For me things started to get a lot better once I hit the 30 day mark. The common answer to your question about meetings is that you made time to drink, so certainly you can make time to attend meetings, no? I think it's really important to find a group that you feel like you connect with, so if the two you've been to don't really jump out as super awesome then feel free to shop around, so to speak.

Glad you are here, SR has helped me tremendously in my recovery and I'm sure you'll find the same.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this forum, and happy to say that I am one week sober. I won't lie...I don't feel good. I'm pissy, I'm tired, I feel...sort of defeated. Which is odd, since I've done something that took real effort! When I have a bad day, I want a drink...when I have a good day, I want a drink. I have no intention of giving in....I just....I hope it isn't always going to be this hard.

Anyway, I've been to 2 AA meetings, both of which were good. It's hard for me to make time for them in my schedule, but I plan to try to keep going. In the meantime, ahhh....I'm just dragging myself along. I've been falling alot, and dropping things...is that common in withdrawal? I have a lot of questions, I guess.

Thanks for hearing me. I look forward to getting to know people around here.

Delia
Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

DeliaMarie - No, it won't always be that hard. I remember those early days so well. I was all over the place emotionally, and filled with resentment. Yet I knew what had to be done - I was drinking all day, and living a dangerous life. I had to stick with it. Every day was a little better, and now I hardly ever think of alcohol.

I was clutzy, too. I had all sorts of strange aches & pains. After all we've done to our bodies and brains, there's alot of healing to do. You have a good attitude, Delia It will be worth it - be patient and kind to yourself.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks to both of you! Nice to know that the clumsiness is pretty typical. I've had periods of sobriety before...the last one was only about a month and a half, but before that I was sober for almost a year and a half...I think I'm approaching it differently this time, though, so hopefully it will stick. I'm not just saying, "hey, maybe I'll quit drinking for awhile," but I'm truly trying to admit that I have a real problem. In other words, I'm working hard on that first step.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome DeliaMarie

It sounds all pretty par for the course to me.
Things do get easier, or at least they did in my experience

You'll find a lot of support here - welcome

D
Old 09-29-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome DeliaMarie -

Way to go on your week sober! It really will get better. Keep taking it one day at a time....... We're with you!