Notices

A little history.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little history.

Hi, im ToBI, yet some call me Cartman. I joined this site to meet others and maybe get some help with my sobriety goals. Im 15, and i know thats a little yound to be addicted to, or even using many of the things i do use but i still need help regardless. I started using pot when i was 10, and psychedelics when i was 12. I began drinking and using prescription pills when i was 13 because alcohol was readily available since my mom kept at least 50 assorted bottles of liquor in the cabinet. she wasnt a heavy drinker but she enjoyed variety. The pills were little to no money since my uncle was prescirbed to most of the popular abused prescription pills. He used to throw some he didnt like, but instead he started giving/selling them to me. after that its a long story but here i am now, 5 days sober, unable to sleep. Any of you that have had trouble with presctiption pills, opiates, or cocaine, please give me some advice on how to deal with the problems of withdrawal symptoms and emotional trauma that comes with discontinued use. Thank you all in advance, your friend ToBI.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ToBI

Congratulations on 5 days and welcome to SR

Have you spoken with a Dr?
that would be my first port of call.

D
Old 09-28-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

I'm glad that you've decided to live a sober life.

I hope you talk to your dr about the steps you are taking to change your life.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hav'nt spoken to a doctor or anyone about the issues im having. i did when i first started because i was worried about what would happen if i continued use and he but me in a mental hospital for 9 months, which i do not want to relive anything that happened in there again. im trying to work out my problems on my own since thats what im used to, and it seems to be working so far, my mental state is very far from perfect at the moment but ive been through worse so i think i can handle it. the worst part (besides feeling like ive just been beat half to death) is the paranoia. i havnt left the house since the first day and when so much as a squirrel passes my window i immediately go in the bathroom lock the door and stay there for an hour or two. I know its irational but i constantly feel like someone is wathing me, and i saw on the local news that smaller cameras are being developed or something like that a few days before day one and now i feel like im always being watched. I cant help but be scared. by the way sorry if i seem like im rambling, or if im incoherent.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, ToBI.

What about an addiction counselor or a therapist? It really would be smart to get professional assistance....

Try to stay calm and relaxed. No one wants to spy on someone who's detoxing. All of society—the government, the medical community, our fellow citizens—wants actively addicted people to quit drinking and using drugs. That's why police never arrest someone for public intoxication when they show up high or drunk at rehab. No one is watching. And here at SR, you'll find plenty of support.

You've been through an awful lot for someone so young. I'm very sorry. You're obviously very bright. I'm glad you're reaching out and taking steps toward a happier, healthier life.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Rehab. Talk to parent(s). Go to NA with parental consent. Nine months in a mental health ward, why no aftercare? Best wishes on staying stopped from self-inflicted brain damage. You Can stay stopped!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well, thank you for suggesting the doctors and reasuring me no-ones watching. as for the doctors/therapists/drug counselers its a realy long story as to why i dont trust them, but im also seeing how long i can make it on my own. the longest was 3 weeks but i only tried once. if push comes to shove I will seek professional help, and as for the lack of aftercare, i did have it for quite sometime. most of my problems in the hospital were psychiatric ones not relating to drugs, most of that didnt come until after i was discharged. I was going to a therapist for almost a year afterwards, but they just put me on depression medication and im not saying the person was incompetent, but it wasnt the right person for me. she had cought me going into therapy high on numerous occasions and after that She threatened to send me to rehab if i continued.After that I refused to talk to her because i couldnt talk about anything without shaking and crying. i should have been able to work through problems while not under the influence but I often have auditory hallucinations and it makes it hard to concentrate, when im high they seem to be quieter, and i can think. as of right now they are steadily becoming worse as the hours pass, and increase with lack of sleep. (which also seems to be a problem currently)
Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Prayers to you.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank you. I really appreciate everybody's reply's.