Hi everyone, a little update

Old 09-28-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, a little update

I haven't been here in a while. As some of you may remember, my husband went into rehab April 21st of this year. He successfully completed rehab and was out after about 33 days. He is doing good. He has a job now and we are trying to put the pieces of our lives back together. He is 5 months sober now and is having a very hard time with depression. I am looking for an article that talks about something called the pink cloud, and things a recovering addict/alcoholic may experience in the months (up to 2 years is how far this went I believe) of early recovery. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update; glad things are going well for you and your husband, I hope that continues! I am sure others here will be along shortly for you, but I also suggest that you check out the Newcomers to Recovery threads; I have seen discussions about the "pink cloud" over there. Best of luck to you!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks bonami..I will check that out. When I first joined I didn't have a reason to look at the Newcomers to Recovery forum because he wasn't no where near wanting to get well..so glad he is in recovery though. Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My question is how are you doing, dear?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Freedom, I am doing alright I suppose. Thank you for asking. I have been having panic attacks again. Ironically they started back up the night he got home from rehab. I also feel I am slipping back into full blown agoraphobia (phobia related to the anxiety) but by the Grace of God I will make it out of this slump. I am happy though, just worrying about myself more but I guess that's because I had not had a chance to worry about myself for a long time.