new update

Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TMZ

new update

My oldest AS got arrested last week, for his 4th DUI. He has been 2years clean and just got off probation not three weeks before this. as all addicts do they relapse. This time he knows that He will do jail time.

It is sad we held up so much hope that he wouldn't mess up again. Last time grandpa bailed him out and paid all the lawyer fees, and rehab bills. Against my wife and my wishes and pleas. He was told (by his lawyers and judge) that if he messed up again no layer, and no amount of money would keep him from doing time.

He called this weekend just to let us know because the rummers were already making it around the neighborhood. He hasn't asked for money and knows better. Grandpa already made it clear he was done, and not going to spend one more thin dime about 1 1/2 years ago. This time he will really feel the consequences for his behavior. This time he has to work it out himself. All we can do is say we love him and suggest he go to AA. Witch he has already attended one meeting.

It is hard to see him go through this again. If grandpa wouldn't have butted in last time we would be so much further ahead now. My wife is preparing for him to go to jail and wondering where and how long.

It is so sad to watch them fail. Just sharing the bad news.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If grandpa wouldn't have butted in last time we would be so much further ahead now.

Not necessarily. Jail doesn't automatically make them see the error of their ways. Lots of alcoholics have been to jail multiple times. It certainly isn't Grandpa's fault your son screwed up again.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My AD is one of those who has done multiple jail stays, and it hasn't made a dent in her lifestyle choices.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((TMZ))) - Jail didn't stop me, either, until about the 4th or 5th time. Even then, I relapsed..just once, for 2 weeks, but chose recovery. I don't know about where you live, but that many DUI's in GA calls for prison time.

I truly pray that this is his bottom. Hugs for you, because I know this hurts.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-28-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

In Illinois he would get prison time. He would also have his drivers license revoked for life. Jail/prison is not always a bottom because they make homemade alcohol in prison using fruit.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

TMZ
I'm so sorry to hear of your son's relapse. As much as we try not to be encouraged by our son's attempts at recovery, it's really hard not to....and when they relapse....WHAM! We get hit with that feeling of despair all over again.

You and your son are in my prayers today.

gentle hugs
ke