Good news

Old 09-26-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good news

I got to talk to my mom this morning and I could tell she was really sick. She let me know that she had stopped drinking. I asked her if I could come over and she said YES. I went over there and I got to see her sober. I got to talk to her and tell her that I found out on Friday that my husband and I are pregnant with our first child. I knew I wasn't going to tell her when she was drunk.

I got to see her sober, I got to tell her I love her and I got to share with her that we are expecting. I know she doesn't have long at all. It's obvious by looking at her, but I got closure and that's what I needed. I'm finally at peace (for today anyway).

I'm not going anywhere but I wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

(((HUGS))) I'm so glad you were able to talk to her sober and that you feel you have closure, regardless of what happens. I wish all good things for you and your family.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

That is indeed good news!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Firecallie congradulations on the pregnancy I am so happy for you and your husband, glad you got to talk to your mama while she was sober and alert.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Congrats to you and your hubby on the baby and I am so happy that you got to talk to your Mother sober. It is always hard when we have a parent that is drinking. My father never was sober long enough to tell him anything.....cherish the day.........

Blessings,
Kahlia
Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Very happy you got to share the news to your mother while she was sober.

Now, remember...stress is not good for pregnancy, so be sure to take care of YOU no matter what the outcome with your mother.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
...is awesome!

wow that was really beautiful to read. It reminds me how important my sobriety is for my precious children. Congrats on the baby :-)
Old 09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone, you have been and will continue to be a huge support system for me. I only hope one day I can serve the same role to others.