Notices

Day 9

Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9

This time last week I was still hungover from the drunk Saturday I started on Friday. I remember not feeling like I could face all that I had done...all that I had said...hurting the people around me. I am still afraid to know if I've hurt other family members that I'm not yet aware of. This is my motivation to stay sober. I don't want to have to go through this ever again.

My daughter needs me to be strong. She is being bullied by older girls and by the same family who tormented me in high school. It's a family who will never change and has nothing to lose because they don't have anything. It's just so sad that she has to endure this while I'm not in the same state. She is a typical teenager...head strong...think she knows more than I do. Her father seems to be disconnected from her. He is more focused on getting with women...and he goes through alot of em...than he is concerned for our daughter's safety.

All I can do is pray.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 9 ! Hang in there and get out to some AA meetings ASAP !! Great support and advice from people...

As far as bullying, I would call the school and if the need be, the police. Lots of coverage in the media, and the school has to act.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

9 days of sober living is awesome! 9 more will feel even better. The shame gets better after a bit -- especially if you work a program to help you get over it.