ExABF Called What A Mess!!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Have you considered blocking him from your phone? Why prolong the agony?

WTH???? Why is my response posted before your initial post???
Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ExABF Called What A Mess!!!!

I posted a few days ago about being so tempted to call him.... Glad I didn't do it. However he called and Left A V.M. He was drunk (What A Shocker!!!)
Of Course in the V.M. He was being cruel oh and at the end he say "I still love you" Yeah Right!!!!
The Point Is, It was certainly a reminder for me, he hasn't changed one bit and I'm so glad I stuck to my guns.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How do you block A Number on the A Cell Phone??? I know it may be a dumb question but I need to that if its possible.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

call your cell phone provider. sometimes there is a fee for this, it was easier for me to change my number, i know what a pain, small price to pay to be free of the babbling clown.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chaotically Peaceful

Suki, you are either psychic or there was a slip in the time-space continuum. Either way, very cool.
LOL!!!! I have to say that I was a bit confused at first...by a great giggle for the day.

ETA: OK...now this is just weird.

Last edited by vujade; 09-26-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Time travel
Old 09-26-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Have you considered blocking him from your phone? Why prolong the agony?

WTH???? Why is my response posted before your initial post???
Suki, you are either psychic or there was a slip in the time-space continuum. Either way, very cool.

Sherby, check with your carriers web site to see how to do that. I think it is pretty easy.

Your friend,
Old 09-26-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Alright, now you know I can't resist posting in the timewarp thread.

I'm with Verizon, which will allow me to block up to five numbers for free. I can set these numbers by either calling Verizon, or logging in online and doing it there.
For an extra $5/mo, I can pay to increase that number to 10 blocked numbers per month. Also, the only way to block restricted numbers (numbers with no number on the caller ID) is to pay the extra $5.

Changing your number is also an option. It's a bit of a pain, but I felt like I lost the giant weight off my shoulders when I changed my number. The usual charge was a one-time fee of $35 to change your number, but they waived that in my case because I was also switching area codes, to get a local number.

The cheap option is to set a personal ringtone for the person, and pick the "No Ring" option. This still allows them to leave voicemail or send text messages, but when they call to talk in person it won't ring. The other two options are better, in my opinion, but you can use this while trying to decide what other route to take.

These are the options I have with Verizon.
Each provider is different, so call them and investigate your options.
Sometimes if you explain your situation, as well, they'll make exceptions or give discounts if you've had the service with them long enough, so that doesn't hurt to try, either. It's up to whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am with Sprint and can simply log onto my account online and block voice and text numbers. I did this with as many of the numbers (to call me from) that XABF has access to and have added the additional numbers that he has used to pester me since. I think we are up to eight different numbers now. It is a lot easier than changing my number that I have had for over 10 years. Good luck.

Peace.

Maureen