Notices

Damn, that was tuff.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Damn, that was tuff.

I guess we don't know how vulnerable we are till we place ourselves in a situation where temptation abounds.

I jst came home from the LA County Fair, after listening to the Styx/Reo concert. There was booze all around, it seemed like the only place you couldn't get a beer was in the men's room, lol. Then someone was smoking wacky weed very near our seats, and the smell reminded me of the ole days of high school, and early adulthood. I'm glad and proud that I didn't drink, especially since a 16oz. draft was $8.00, but I gotta say I won't be doing that kinda thing much for a while.

It's those kinds of situations where in the past, even if I didn't want a drink, one always ended up jumping in my hand, sometimes from across the room, like spider man, lol.

The music was great and it made me feel young again, if only for a moment, and that alone was well worth the outing. However, I recommend anyone with wobbly sobriety to steer clear, for if you're not careful, some drunk in the seats above you could slip and dump a beer down your throat very easily.

Or, just take an umbrella, lol.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Bleh, those situations just make me feel sick now -- not tempted to drink. I was in a similar situation tonight, was at a neighborhood concert and there was booze everywhere and I caught a whiff of weed smoke at one point....

Anyways, sounds like a great show. I saw Styx, REO and 38 special a couple years ago for something like 28 bucks and was in about the 15th row.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Firestorm for keeping it under control!!! I LOVE going to concerts - it's not unlike me to fly somewhere to see a band I like if they are not playing here. Since I've only been sober a little under 3 weeks I haven't had to face this demon yet - but next month will be a huge test - I'm flying to NYC to see Ween. I'm psyched, I love to dance and know I'll let loose and have a great time - I'm just hoping not too much of a great time. I will have to relearn to enjoy music sober.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is awesome that you have realized that it doesn't take the booze to have fun. You went, you listened and you had fun without it -regardless of the enviroment.
It's just unbelievable how much people will spend to have fun.

I was never big on the concert scene. Even now, I don't go to the fairs to see anyone. I find that their music is better on the radio where it's digitally fixed. LOL