Notices

Day 4 sober

Old 09-24-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Day 4 sober

Hi everyone!

I'm on day 4 sober...actually got out of bed today! I'm ready to start my new sober life from morphine...I have a ton of anxiety right now and depression.

I've kicked oxy's before but it's never been as rough as morphine! Anyone have any similar stories of recovery they can inspire me with today?

I need it, my NA meeting is in a few hours and I still don't have a ride
Old 09-24-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

To me, getting off any drug/alcohol is kinda like being released from a prison of our own making, we have the key and only we can turn the lock.

The inspiration to do so comes from within, so I don't aspire to inspire, but can assure you the view is much better from outside the prison walls.

Hang in there and keep the faith, it does get better.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Need2hlpme2!

Congratulations for deciding to take your life back. Addiction is such a vicious cycle.

I'm really glad you found this forum - it's a huge help for me. Check out our section on substance abuse, too. Lots of support there as well.
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 09-24-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that anxety is normal in the early days of recovery, whether from alcohol or drugs. It's a scary thing to do and we need to get used to managing normal emotions.

Congratulations to you on Day 4!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi-
If I don't have a drink today it will be my fifth day sober which is the longest stretch in a long time. I've been trying to kick the habit for a few years now. I thought I could do it on my own. I didn't want others to know the struggle and the shame. But after a few years of broken promises to myself and the sheer disappointment from having to recover from yet another binge, of not being able to look at myself the morning after, I decided to try an AA meeting. My way obviously wasn't working very well!

Last night was my third meeting and I have to say there is something comforting in being in a room of people who can relate to your pain and who already know your story without you having to say a word. You walk in embarrassed, scared, ashamed simply from the fact that you are there- admiting that you have a problem and admiting that to all of these strangers! But after an hour they don't seem like strangers, not only because of the common link you share from the pain of your addiction, but mostly from the fact that you are all striving for the common goal of being FREE from that pain.

I'm not saying that you should look up an NA meeting. I'm just saying that I'm glad I got over my adverseness to joining a group of people like myself because I find hope there and I think it just might work.

Good luck to you