Feeling Anger

Old 09-22-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Anger

I'm concerned about myself now, having cut off R's funds she has been unable to drink for about a month and has been quite normal in many respects-but still no recognition there was a problem.
Now I find myself feeling increasingly angry and resentful at times for all the problems she has caused to the family. I know that negative emotions are not healthy but it doesn't stop us feeling them even when we can rationalise them?
Right at the point where we might put things together( I stress might) part of me feels like just clearing off altogether.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

anger has always helped me heal, and i'm grateful that i am CAPABLE of feeling it. i think it's perfectly normal AND healthy, to be honest. go easy on yourself.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Angry when I finally allowed myself to feel it was cleansing and moved me forward.

Some of my behaviors when I was angry did not.

I truly believe I don't have control over my emotions but I do have a say in what I do with them.

Just judging my anger has always made it worse for me.

Some of my "better" anger outlets were cleaning and organizing, working out hard, punching things like pillows, writing lists and lists and lists of what I was angry about (I still have yet to burn it and I wrote it last Xmas).
Old 09-22-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have used my recent anger to almost finish clearing out my rock yard. I am so sore today I can hardly lift my arms to hold the steering wheel, but my rock yard is beginning to look like just a dirt yard and I burned off some serious emotions in the process. Pretty soon it'll be shoveling snow instead of yard work!

Anger is productive if you let it be and live through it. And I know all of us here can relate to being pretty flipping ticked off regularly. Stay strong, painterman.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

You may have cut off her funds that does not always stop a serious alcoholic from obtaining more booze. Alcohol is one of the cheapest drugs there is.