Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

September 22 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 09-22-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

September 22 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

When I concentrate on little things that annoy me, and they sprout resentments that grow bigger and bigger, I seem to forget how I could be “stretching” my world and broadening my perspective. That’s the way to shrink troubles down to their real size.

Worrying about trifles saps my spiritual energy which I could certainly put to better use. Am I willing to waste my life in this way?

When something or somebody is giving me trouble, let me see the incident in relation to the rest of my life, especially the part that is good, and for which I should be grateful. A wider view of my circumstances will make me better able to deal with all difficulties, big and little.

TODAY’S REMINDER

I refuse to let my serenity be drowned out by happenings that are in themselves unimportant. I will not be made uneasy by what others do, whether they intend to hurt me or not. I will not clutter up my thoughts with resentment; it would not profit me but, worse it would hurt me.

“Why do we accept things that trouble us, when we could do something about them?”