Notices

Thoughts would be appreciated ..

Old 09-17-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thoughts would be appreciated ..

I have been going out with my partner (36) off and on for three years. She is a beautiful girl who at the start of our relationship was everything I could ask for.. I didnt realise she was an alcoholic and her drinking got worse and worse. So many fights so much heartache.. I tried everything and failed.. For my sake I left her and tried to move on..

Five months later she came back in my life. I couldnt believe how far she had fallen.. her drinking was out of control.. It broke my heart to realise how hard she had tried when she was with me.. After three weeks I finally got through and she wanted to go to rehab..

Ive left her yesterday and I cried and cried.. She probably gone for two months and I have no idea what to expect.

Will she love me more or less ? Will she still be the same person ? Will we be a better couple? Id really appreciate any experiences/feedback from people.

Thankyou
Old 09-17-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Webber

I've never been, or had anyone else, in rehab so I'm afraid I have no experience to share.
I'm sure others will though

You might also like to look at out Family and Friends forums:
Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR - I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 09-17-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I propose you find an al anon meeting to attend. Unless she went to a specific rehab program, most suggest she go to aa when she gets out.

No one has a crystal ball, but if it's true love, you both will grow. Get a sponsor, work your program & be there when she calls on you.

You didn't cause it
You can't change her
& You can't control it/her

You can have a positive attitude & learn about you without enabling her to continue her self destruction. It will be ok!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Double post. Mist be a higher power. I call mine touch screen.