And Im fooled again by her recovery...

Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And Im fooled again by her recovery...

Its been a while since I posted on here and I feel disconnected. My sister has gotten worse but I have gotten better. I found out that her 7-8 months sobriety was not real. She relapsed many times in between. She is now back in rehab for the 5th time in a year (with many mini relapses in between that she was able to go to AA to get past). All she does is lie to me and everyone else and I understand now that its not personal but because she is an addict. I have set my boundaries with her and turned on the tough love. I have told her that I refuse to have a relationship with someone that does not act like an adult. I will not be around her when she is an active addict but the problem is she tells me shes working the program and I find out shes using. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt but dont know what to believe anymore. There is so much more to her story but nothing Im sure that hasnt been heard already. I truely believe she has a severe mental disorder or she just wants us to think she does becuase she likes the attention. I dont know. But I do know that I have learned a lot from this site and my brother, who is very supportive with helping me understand our sister and has taught me the 3 C's. I am no longer my SistersCodie and refuse to be ever again.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When we are working the program that we wish they were working, we no longer get caught up in whether or not they are clean and sober. We learn to take care of ourselves and allow our addicted loved ones to take care of themselves. And that's ok.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-16-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good for you! You might want to change your member name to reflect the "You" of today.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kudos to you for establishing boundaries with your sister.

Sending you hugs of support!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Love can't save them, only they can do that. But we can continue to love them anyway..safely, from a detached distance.

You sound like you are a wonderful sister who knows what is and isn't yours to control.

Hugs