Notices

Physical Pain After Quitting?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Physical Pain After Quitting?

Good Morning Everyone,

First of all thanks for all the prayers yesterday. I survived last night and did not drink any wine. I am entering day two today and hope I have the same courage as yesterday. I am wondering if anyone else had a lot of abdominal pain and rumbling right after they quit? Also I noticed I am extremely tired- I overslept this morning by an hour and a half- which is very unlike me. Anyhow I am hoping this is just part of the process of pulling myself out of this hole. The last time I went to my doctor my levels were ok but that was a little over a year ago. Just worried a little but I don't want to jump the gun and go see him until I have a more solid standing with not drinking. Prayers and hugs for a good day to everyone....

Angel
Old 09-14-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

With the usual caveat to ask your doctor any health questions... It took a while for me to feel normal and the exhaustion I felt was rivaled only by first trimester exhaustion.

I was bone tired, physically and mentally from my body and mind finally doing what it should be doing. Thinking, growing, moving!

Congrats on your day 2 and if I can offer some advice.. it really helped me to remember that any urges I had to drink were just my brain craving the chemical. Nothing more.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, do talk to your dr.

It sure could be your body reacting to the loss of alcohol, but I found that I had ignored any and all aches and pains while I was drinking, so I had a few things to deal with (non-alcohol related) when I began recovery.

Good for you in getting through the day!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a variety of aches and pains, tummy things (and digestive things), and unbelieveable exhaustion at times .. not to mention itchy skin and numbness in my hands and feet (mostly at night and upon waking) that took awhile to fade away. I drank a lot, and had a major liver issue as well (jaundice / hospital), and it took quite awhile for my body to heal and recover. Hang in there. Definitely talk to your doctor though, especially if anything really seems unusual.

Nice job, btw!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would speak to your Dr too.

Well done on day two though

As for the tiredness, I'm still shattered and am sleeping solidly too x
Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone....I appreciate your feedback. I want to hold off and make it a little longer without any wine before I go back to my doctor. I have walked this road several times alone and obviously did not make it. This time I am reaching out for support...so once I am a little more solid I will go see him. He's been very supportive and knows the situation I am dealing with at home so as patient as he has been I know he would understand but I just need to be stronger in myself this time before I go back again. Sending you all hugs and prayers....
Old 09-14-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can understand wanting to be able to show your won a solid standing to your Dr, especially if they've seen you attempt this before...but please don't lose sight of the fact the most important thing is your welfare.

I say this with care and concern because I waited and I suffered badly for that decision.....

do see your Dr if you're feeling poorly - pride or fear whatever else is stopping you right now really isn't a good enough reason to wait, angels

D
Old 09-15-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Dee- thanks for sharing what you did. I have decided if my tummy is still hurting by tomorrow I am calling to get an appointment. I do have to say though it does seem better this morning, a little. But I am going to learn from what happened in your situation...and take your advice. Thank you for your support and encouragement....and everyone else's too. I really appreciate you sharing from your own experiences.