Notices

Emotional sobriety

Old 09-14-2011, 01:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotional sobriety

I'm on day 96 and last nights AA meeting focused on Emotional Sobriety - something I am still a far way off grasping. I'm trying but I am still very sick emotionally.

I have problems that stem back years and years with my family and they've recently reared their ugly head again (the problems not the family) and after chatting this over with my sponsor, she asked me to pray for them. I have started doing this but it kind of sticks in my throat at the moment. I will persevere as I can now see that they are ask sick as me

That's something I'd never quite understood before. Just wanted to write this down really, to make sense of it
Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

ttbp...sounds to me like great advice from your sponsor! I opened your post because I downloaded a book to my kindle yesterday of the same title as your thread. I am only 39 days in today, and have realized the brokenness of my relationships. I am trying to work the early steps on my own, and am starting to compile my inventory items, and list of those I've wronged. It's kind of like that project you start, and you realize there are 5 other projects you need to complete to be ready to do the initial one.

These realizations, that have been there all along, but perhaps suppressed by us in our escapes, are worth working through; relationships are intended to be of utmost importance in our life in this world. The rewards, to both yourself and, likely, others, cannot even be imagined at this point. Promises will be realized. I think that all that is required of us is our sober realization, our penitant remorse, and our willingness to forgive and be forgiven; and, to forgive ourselves.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have a wonderful day too
Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

We are emotionally immature. It can change!

Lofty, the steps, as written, are an overview. Each one has more depth, which is why we need guidance from someone who has worked them more than once and who continues to work them.

My first sponsor said, "Don't work the steps without adult supervision!"

I also often hear, "When you work the steps off the wall, you get an off the wall program."

More will be revealed...