Notices

I'm not giving up

Old 09-12-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm not giving up

Today is my day one (again) but once and for all. I am writing a letter to myself for after work, when I am faced with the decision to go to the liquor store and usually and just go without thinking and without even trying to talk myself out of it. Especially on a "day one" because its easier to just make tomorrow Day one. But not today. This time, I have to do for my kids and myself. I can't moderate my drinking, I can't make deals with myself. Nothing works. The only answer is to stop. And today I am. I love reading SR and it motivates me like nothing else. I know if so many of you have done it, I can too.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and good luck on your day one.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2. Feeling so much better in myself. This has to be the way. The stuff in the liquor store is poison for people like us.

Hope your day goes well.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats to you both, and welcome to SR. You are right, this site is a Godsend. Sounds like you each have resolve, and I like the plan forabetterlife laid out. Stay sober!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Glad you're back and know that it won't always be that uphill struggle. You will gain momentum and build a life that you can't bear to lose and drinking will be a distant though!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As I said, I'm only on day 2 so very early on but I'm particularly liking NOT thinking about how to get to the shop to buy booze and then how to hide it most efficiently. I'm actually thinking about other things - including SR!

Even after such a short time it's becoming clear to me just how much of a depressant alcohol has been. You're either drinking (so not in touch) or in the post hangover fug until your next drink and so you just don't connect.

It's just a little thing but my husband just phoned from work and we actually made jokes and had a normal conversation. How nice to have a smile put on my face.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Guys after many years of struggling I am now at day 120. I still find it hard to believe, but it clearly is possible. Just keep going.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats on 4 months, Instant!!!!!!!!!!