Notices

Free of alcohol, no lucky with crack, need help

Old 09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Free of alcohol, no lucky with crack, need help

I am free of alcohol, but I can't get of the crack. It is ruining my life and I need help. I am at my wits end. I need help, but i don't know what to do.
Please help, anybody.
Neferkamichael
Old 09-11-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Neferkamichael

Congratulations on beating the booze - I know nothing of crack but I'm sure others will share their recovery story soon

Do you have a recovery programme? I think support is vital.

We also have a substance abuse forum you may want to check out as well

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

unfortunately i do know alot about crack.i think i've done it all.
i'm going into rehab in a couple days(not for crack)but people here have helped me see what not too long ago i saw as totally impossible can happen
Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Neferkamichael, I can relate except I was able to be the evil of crack and meth but still struggled with alcohol. It didn't take me long to go from the rock here and there to nothing less than a Teenier or Ball a day. what did it for me was that I could never enjoy my high any more. All those cracker jacks drooling over mine till it was gone. Same with the meth. So when the fun was gone and I began to see it for what it was "pure evil" I just quit buying. It was a struggle and there are times after five years that I still get those urges but they pass quickly when I recall the hell it caused me. The things I lowered myself to do some of which were nothing short of disgusting. Don't get me wrong when possible I did enjoy the rush but it was never enough "no what I mean".

The best suggestion I can offer is to get serious and honest with yourself. Remember if you don't buy it you won't use it. Good Luck
Old 09-12-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Cocaine is easier to stop than alcohol for me. It's in your head, not a physical addiction. Don't buy it or use it. Rehab helped me stay away. And get into a program of recovery & hang around recovering people.

Best wishes!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not again

Ahhhhh, so many choices, so few lives.

Well this recoveredcrackhead knows nothing about alcohol addiction, although I have over indulged a few times. But the crack... now there's something I wish I had never heard of. That stuff will ruin ya. Took everything from me, everything. Family, friends, career, belongings, self-esteem, you name it, I lost all to crack.

Not no more though, I carry money and I don't go where crack is. Takes a lot of hard work and patience. But if your goal is to live life to the fullest and your not afraid to put out the effort, it can be done.

First, believe
Second, seek
Third, be kind

Pretty simple, but it ain't easy, you gotta want it.

I should love to hear more about you and your journey, please come back.

Larry
Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

VICTORy THIS DAY

Thanks for the help. HAD money this day, paid lights and water bill. Next paid day will be Thursday afternoon, $250.00. Got to be on my toes.

The oddest thing about all of this is when I don't have money, I don't have cravings or withdrawals. When I do the dark side is waiting.

Thanks again
Neferkamichael
Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Not again

It ain't odd, I been there. Consider us lucky, being broke gives us moments of clarity to work on stategy.....Get a payee, someone to hold your money. And stick to posting in one thread, I mean about you. I get lost really easy these days.

Regards,
Larry

PS how about sharing your story, it might help.....someone else.