Notices

I need to dance

Old 09-10-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need to dance

I am so bored. I have not been out of this house in more then 2 weeks except to go to work and I haven't been out to see a local band in 4 months. I am thinking about going out tonight. I know it's probably going to be tempting but I really miss listening to music, laughing at crazy legs (that's what we call the crazy dancing drunks) dancing, picking out my cloths, putting on my leather belt and boots, looking young and fun getting excited about the night. I want to rock. It's the whole atmosphere I like not the alcohol. I can't stay away from it forever. I will just keep my water with lemon in my hand and have fun. Am I tempting fate?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go and have a great time... Just be careful that you watch the bartender if you get a drink, make sure there is no alcohol in it, hold on to your drink. Make a plan to leave of you get into some bad thinking.

I love music and have a great time going to see live music sober. I am sure you will too!!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Water and lemon is good. I like spicy virgin caesars too.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I waited until I was sure I was ready, until I was sure I could stay sober no matter what happened.

That was longer than two months for me, but I went and I was ok.

Frankly, tho I found the whole scene wasn't as I remembered it, but you're not me - I really hope you have a good time

D

Last edited by Dee74; 09-10-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-10-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Have a plan. Practice it. Enjoy your evening!!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've done it several times, and it IS possible. In fact, it's better. Much better. I found I was a bit tense and awkward when I started dancing, but a couple of songs in I was away!! I love to rock out too, and I've discovered that being sober makes the whole experience much more exciting!

Get that leather belt and boots on and enjoy yourself! Oh..and make sure you decide on your sober drink of choice BEFORE you hit the bar, because there's nothing worse than ordering and drawing a blank on what you want....
Old 09-10-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Have a wonderful 9-10-11!!!!!!!

116 days now, trudging, no, dancing my way to a joyous and sober journey!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Order a tonic and lime...and act a little drunk Go out and have fun but don't drink, nothing wrong with that. It will be very tempting though but no matter how much you crave, or what you tell yourself, don't even have one drink. If you do you will regret it later.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I go to see bands pretty much every week and have gotten totally used to being in rock clubs without drinking. As long as the music is good I don't miss drinking at all. I will say, however, that if the band is bad I start getting pretty nauseated by the smells and the drunkenness.

I say go and have fun.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I agree with the other posters. I love going out, love dancing, love bands, love rockin' out. I am a non-drinker today. I can go anywhere I wish. I can also leave anywhere I want, when I want. I like the atmospere too lpnangel...and you might be surprised how many other non-drinkers and true social drinkers are out there. At least that has been my experience. People out having fun, not hammerheads.

and um...in my opinion, there are not too many ills that a great leather belt and boots can't cure LOL You know what Marilyn says right? "Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world!" Have fun
Old 09-11-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I had a blast. No drinking. Yeah!!!! Wasn't even tempted and the band was great.