Notices

Another day in recovery

Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Another day in recovery

Today was a bad day. I am not getting the support I need from family. I am single and spend most of my time alone. My family does not trust me which is my fault but I want to be taken serious atleast. I am scared that I am going to wind up turning my back on them because all they do is bring up the old me. Now that I am sober its hard enough to deal with the guilt I already feel.. Them throwing it up on me just adds fuel to a already hot fire. If anyone wants to be a shoulder for me to lean on and vise versa email me. DAY9058"at"*****... I need help with this and I am sure some of you could use it too. I am at the end of my rope. Any ideas will seriously be appreciated

FIFTY8
Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi i just joined here...i was on a 4 day drinking binge...now im sober..ashamed.lost....reaching out wherever i can...im not sure what to do on this site and i cant message anyone...
Old 09-10-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that. When I got sober, the worst things people could say to me were the comments made about my bad behaviour when I was drunk. It really put a downer on my day, if not week. I was lucky that most of the people close to me didn't do this, but I occasionally had people "joke" about that stuff and it hurt me a lot. I really feel for you. Just remember, though, that what you're doing is the absolute best thing you can do for yourself and to rectify your past behaviour, too, and in time they will get bored of bringing this stuff up and realise that you have changed. All you can do is keep your head held high, feel proud of what you're doing and not let those comments get to you.

Hugs x
Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

When I call home to my parents, they often think I have been drinking. I have done a lot stupid and destructive things while drunk and I still get waves of anxiety when a memory comes up. I have realized though that many people have drunken regrets and other people don't spend a lot time thinking about your own indiscretions. I actually have never had a friend or acquaintance bring up a past drunken episode that i think is shameful.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

The only advice I can offer is Action , Action, Action..

I dont know your story, but for me .. I drank for decades(lying,cheating, and stealing) for that time.. It wasnt going to take a couple days,weeks, or even months to repair trust..

Just keep working on you and your sobriety.. That is the only way that the "old you" wont be around them anymore..