My Intuition Tells Me...

Old 09-09-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Intuition Tells Me...

So I have been here in the past for my AS. Well now it's my hubby. LONG story short, in his younger years he was a cocain addict (approx 15 yrs ago) I have been with him for 5 years now. Things have been up and down at times due to his drinking. I have grown to not care about it. It's his deal, not mine. (even though it is) anyways in the past two weeks a couple of times he has seemed weird.. He acted as though he had drank a lot, got his normal droopy eye and acted like an idiot (very defensive) Well about 2 wks ago I asked him what he had drank, I had only seen him drink 2-3 beers, but he was acting as though he had drank a pint of Jack, plue his eyes were dialated. He said NOTHING allpissed off so I just said yeah, ok whatever. I nkow better. Than over the weekend something really weird happened:
He kept going out into the garage. more so than to have a cig. I had a weird feeling so I walked out. He abruplty turned around from the closed garag door and started walking towards me. It seemed weird, but I blew it off. An hour later the same thing, but this time when I walked out I could hear him set something down. I asked what he was doing he said nothing, checking the sensor on the garager door. Which was FINE. I started looking on the shevles in the garage, with him there. I found a pipe made out of clear PVC pipe, and it smelled like cocaine. He said maybe it's a pot pipe, UMM NO I am an idiot... Anyways, I asked him if it was his, he of course denied it. I finally said OK, than it must be Randy's our AS and I was going to call him. He said, NO it couldnt be his, he cant afford it. Than he procedded to say it was friends of our from a wedding a few weeks before.
Anyways, my intution tells me it is his. I have found in my codie life my intuition is always right.
SOOO this morning things seemed weird with him. Like he had already began drinking... He seemed to stall to leave for work, I could tell.. but I left for work. He called said he was at work, his story changed a couple times like it always does when he has been drinking... Now he is home, which I knew that would happen. When I ask him if he has been drinking he did the usual.... F YOU, I am sick of this, your not my mom, I am done with you blah, blah blash, heard it a million times.

So, like in my subject.. My intuition is always right.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like my life right now.

I'm sorry you have to go through it too.

Hugs, Kari
Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found a pipe made out of clear PVC pipe, and it smelled like cocaine.
I don't have any advice for you. But I'm very sorry to hear someone is smoking crack in your garage (and I doubt it was his cousin).

Maybe it's time to set boundaries regarding behavior and treatment you will accept in your life, and not focus too much on the drug use. Is it acceptable for your husband to swear at you, lie, treat you like a jerk and act like a drunk idiot?

If he's smoking crack, all will be revealed in time. In the meantime, protect yourself.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree your intuition is dead on. I'm sorry to hear someone is using in your house.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enodm View Post

Now he is home, which I knew that would happen. When I ask him if he has been drinking he did the usual.... F YOU, I am sick of this, your not my mom, I am done with you blah, blah blash, heard it a million times.

So, like in my subject.. My intuition is always right.
Was there something in particular you intended to accomplish by asking him when the truth is obvious to the most casual oberver?

You know the drill. Is living with someone who is often drunk and doing drugs the way you intend to live the rest of your life?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oitolunch... ha ha that makes me laugh when you ask what I was trying to accomplish. ONly because, I knew damn well whe the response would be. I always know, and always ask... I guess it's me dumping salt on the wound, knowing it would **** him off and knowing what his reaction would be. Why I do that I am not sure... I can say, I have gotten better at not getting mad and letting it control my attitude. I know I have no control over it.
My first thought to the next question of is that how I intend on spending the rest of my life... IS NO.... but what do I do about it.. nothing.... Maybe I am waiting for something bigger than usual to break the camels back.. I really dont know.
It's almost l;ike now I just brush it aside with the attitude of oh well his deal.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What is it with men addicts and their garages? Your story about going to the garage is all to familar.....
Old 09-09-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All too familiar to me too.

(((hugs to you)))

I hope you take some steps to protect yourself, separate your finances or put away some money in a place he can't get at it. Crack is expensive and it goes fast.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

so sorry about your pain and him doing that and lying. i have just recently been through similar experience. since when does pfizer make welding materials labelled injection fluid and since when do you weld with a syringe??

LOL - the garage thing - that's where mine was shooting up! And about the mom thing -- he was always saying I am just like his mom! LOL
Old 09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hello enodm,

so sorry to hear about your troubles and yes i agree w/ the rest that you're right and already know the answer.

i just wanted to add that i was amazed about the garage thing b/c it was/is the same w/ my AH. i didn't know it was that common. i'm glad you brought it up.

anyways, sending you hugs and prayers in support. in time you will find the right decision for yourself. i also took a long time to leave and am still struggling w/ the decision. only you can be the judge of when is the right time.

you're in my thoughts and prayers.