my miracle is coming with my a.s. (i hope & pray)

Old 09-08-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my miracle is coming with my a.s. (i hope & pray)

lots of u know my story.it is alot like yours. my son has been an alcoholic & drug addicted for 20yrs before he landed in prison 3yrs ago.he is now pulling a 7yr. sentence with 4 more to go. he was raised in a good middle class home. i came here i was just like you. scared to death,& did not know what to do. i spent money for rehabs,lawyers, bails,sent him money while he was in jail,prison,whatever the case was. i paid his rent for his home.he had a wife,daughter & another daughter & son being raised by there other grandparents by his previous marriage. she was killed,shot by her boyfriend,due to drugs. my son was serving his 1st prison term. i found this site & slowly learned to let him go. it saved my life.i found a little sanity.i detached from him.i loved him from a distance.it was hard but it is paying off.
THE MIRACLE is coming!! today he tells me how happy he is in prison. how he can look himself in the eye. he went to school to be a peer counslor about a yr. & 1/2 into this sentence. he earned a certificate at that time & works the inmates. today he was ask if he would go to all the schools & tell his story. he said yes. he will start that soon.you can not believe how proud i am of him. that is called spreading "the message". he still has 4 more yrs.to pull. being in prison is different than being out & trying to live a normal life. i have been hurt before & disappointed. today i am living in "today". does S.R. work? does tough love work? my son says it does. he turned 40 in april & will b 44 when he gets out. this is all done by a bipolar crack addict.
he hopes to continue this when he get out. i am so scared that wrting this will jinks him but i need to let u all know THERE IS HOPE.. so let go or get dragged. it works if u work it.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
it is what it is

wow hope - what an amazing story - thank you for sharing - my prayers will be for him to keep focus for the next four years and beyond -
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Hope)))) That sounds wonderful! I think all of us understand that fear of saying anything in case it jinxes it, but we are learning we aren't that powerful I can feel your love and pride in your post. I'm so glad you have each day to enjoy the son that addiction stole away form you. I know the message he carries will make a difference in the lives of others. Thanks for sharing your message of hope!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. We could all use a little hope.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-08-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TMZ

It is great to here some good news.

Thanks for sharing
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hope, your name bespeaks your message and that is one powerful message of hope here today.

I remember when you first arrived at SR, broken and sad (much like I was when I arrived too). I watched you grow and learn and grow some more and you are a wonderful living testament that there is hope for us mamas too.

Your boy is doing wonderfully well today Hope. Embrace that, feel the joy and celebrate how well he has overcome his obstacles and can now pass the message on. Not one of us knows what tomorrow may bring, but rain or shine we are now prepared to face all our tomorrows head on.

I always figure that when our kids are in jail or prison, they are there because they need to meet someone and learn something important or that they are there because, good or bad, they can be an example to someone else. Wherever we go, I believe God puts us in each others' path for a reason, to share our lives and lessons. I'm glad God put you on my path, Hope, because I learn from you every time you post.

Keeping you and your boy both in my prayers...and will add a special "Thank You God" for this one.

Love you lots for sharing your light.

Hugs