Reading CNM

Old 09-07-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Reading CNM

I finally snagged a copy of "Codependent No More" today and have been reading it since I got home. I'm about halfway through it and decided to put it down until tomorrow so that I won't be a zombie at work tomorrow.

I'm glad I got it. I can already see how it will be a positive resource for me. It's amazing to read a book and think, "does this person know me or what?" I can't believe how much I see myself in these stories, and a few days ago I didn't have a clue that I even had a problem.

Also, I hadn't realized how long it's been since I sat down and read a book! I can't remember the last time. (I was probably single) It feels good. I think I will make time to do so more often.

I haven't made it to an Al-Anon meeting yet just because of scheduling conflicts, but I am planning to go to one during my lunch break on Monday. I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you all for your suggestions, advice, and for just reading my rants.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I read the book it was amazing to me. All of my behaviors are written right there!!!!! down to addiction for myself. I self medicated not to get high but to feel normal I guess.

I struggle with codepency every day. I'm working on this one. I don't want to be a codi with my kids.

It's a great book. Keep reading. I read it over and over again.

P.S. That was the first book I read because I was so caught up with him I didn't take the time for myself to read. And I love to read.