Notices

hey whats up?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hey whats up?

hey ya'll just wanted to check in. i've sort of kicked around posting this or not for a few weeks. not really sure why, just didn't know what to say i guess.

so i am doing well, things have changed, motivations are now different, strong feelings have dissipated.

there is allot i want to say, just not sure how to say it i guess.

so for those of you out there who need to hear this don't ever give up trying to quit.

looking back on things now the first time i said "i am an alchoholic" or "i have a problem with achohol" was 1998 or so. i would try to slow down and even quit but it never worked but i never gave up. well, that isn't completely true, a few years ago i pretty much gave up but a little voice in me just wouldn't give up on me.

i don't know where that little voice came from but it never went away.

this thing is just so ****** up, as i sit hear with tears in my eyes.

what a horried disease......**** alchohol (excuse my language, i happen to be very passionate about this topic)

anyway....get to the point, whatever it is.....

so it's been somewhere over two years since i've taken a drink and i just wanted to say how much i care about all of you and how much i can relate to your feelings, and how much pain i still feel when i see someone addicted to drugs or alchohol and how much i want to help.

dont ever give up, you can do it. try to quit every day, that is what it is going to take, don't give up on yourself.

to know sobriety is something you owe yourself before you die. you cannot comprehend how good it will make you feel to break free of your shackles. it isn't easy, it will be one of the hardest things you ever do but please promise me that you will never ever ever give up, ever.

you can do it and you will do it, we love you.

thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you again Tabata - welcome back - and congrats on your sober time!

D
Old 09-07-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!

How did you stay stopped? Are you working a program of recovery?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i saw a few dr's about it but for some reason it didn't work. looking back they probably saw how bad my sickness was. they would always want to put me away, send me to a in patient deal and i would always say "i am not that bad" and just move on.

then one day i woke up very sick and basically just didn't feel like drinking that day. the sickness lasted about a week and i knew that was my opportunity. i held on to it fiercely knowing that if i could make it to 6 weeks that daily itch would dissappear. somewhere i read it takes 3 weeks to start a habit and 6 to break it. i have no idea on the truth of that but i went with it.

so sure enough around 6 weeks that 5 o'clock itch was gone and then i really felt i was getting somewhere, 6 weeks turned to twelve weeks, which turned to a year and so on.

it was that little voice that never gave up on me, he finally won out, thanks little voice, i owe you big time.

this site really was my only support, it was strange how little support i got from my wife and my circle of friends.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there tabata,

Well done and congrats on your sobriety. I would advise you join a support group to stay sober as the good work can be undone in a moment of madness. I have tried to remain sober and unless i really work the AA program I cant do it. Gud luck