Notices

Norco addict, day 2 clean

Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Norco addict, day 2 clean

Well, its been a really rough day and night last night. The only way I was able to sleep was to smoke some grass and it finally helped with the RLS and the anxiety. Since this is my first post I should let everyone know I have been taking Norco 10/325 for 2 years, I get 180 a month and am out of those is less that 3 weeks. I average 6-10 a day, depending on what I am doing, etc.... So I ran out and got REALLY short and yelled at my 3 year old daughter for pretty much no reason, that was my wake up call. I have let my marriage, my job, and my relationship with my daughter go to hell in a handbasket. I am done, its over, I want my life back and enter today, day 2...
My RLS is terrible, my mood sucks and I am just blah all together. I have the running to the bathroom issue also, it just sucks, I am hoping by the end of the week these withdrawl symptoms will get better so I can start feeling human again, I hate being in my own skin right now.
Sorry to unload on my first post, just wanted to get that out there.

Dylan
Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 3, a little better today but still aching and an emotional wreck......
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

trying to get sober

This is my first day of sobriety. My last dose was at 10am. I started taking a small dose of suboxone at 3 to curb the withdrawal symtoms, but all I can think of is taking more lortab or oxycodone. I have never had a substance take ahold of me like this. I desperately want my life back.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! I just saw you post, radical. If you are considering a program and some support for your journey into recovery, find an NA meeting as soon as possible. Jump into someone 's back pocket an let them show you the way so you don't have to figure it out alone. Pick a winner and let them help you. That's what we do in Narcotics Anonymous, we help each other learn how to live clean.
Missy
Old 09-15-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am on day 10 and feeling good!! I made it a personal mission of mine to beat this myself with no other drugs and no meetings. I am considering meetings for the follow up but not for the initial "ass kicking" of it, I want to prove to my family that I am strong enough to beat this!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am in the same situation. I am on a small amount of subs and I want it over, norco 10's wrecked my life and i had to have them just to wake-up & function. I am having a hard time, and miss them, because I am in pain, sick and having horrible subs side effects. Thank you for posting, as I don't feel so alone...
Old 10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our NA Step study Forum....

step One...-
1. We admitted that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am too n the same situation what did u use for sub
Old 11-13-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

your doing it, One day at a time! My addiction was hard on the first week, I couldnt sleep had anxiety and felt like crap. All i kept telling myself was that, It is going to get better, Kept my higher power who I call god, and his book by myside. I read it prayed everytime I felt over whelmed. Congrats on you 2nd day! Just think It will get better..