I'm feeling pretty lonely

Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm feeling pretty lonely

It's been hard to control myself from contact when I'm used to talking to him daily. But aside from breaking down in tears today, I am doing okay. I miss him so much but he's probably so stoned he hasn't realized that I left yet. I guess part of me thought he'd be calling and begging by now but there's not a peep. Perhaps he thought he'd do me that one kindness of leaving me alone so I don't get sucked back in. I joined an online dating site and have already been asked to meet by three different men after just a few hours on the site. It has been a nice distraction but I just can't imagine starting new with anyone right now. I'm so full of mistrust that if a guy has a beer with dinner I'm going to freak out.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I get the lonely feeling. It can be really hard. Sometimes it feels like the only feelings I have are hard ones....and who really wants to sit with those.

Thinking of you and hoping the day gets better. Sometimes it helps me when I remember that no contact (at least right now) means no new hurt.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm feeling the same. I'm on day 6 of no contact and my gf hasn't called or texted...and she won't. My addiction to her has made me run back to her before, but not this time...I'm sick of taking a backseat to her addiction.

She has repeatedly told me I deserve better and that's what I gave back to her last week...that I do. Doesn't stop me from missing the hell out of her.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A wise person on the forums posted that they were not going to "date" until they were happy with themselves. I am taking that to heart. It has been a little over a year since everything blew up for me with my loved one (divorced about nine months).

Being comfortable with that does not make me less lonely, but I know it will pay off in the long run.

I like what I think Taking Charge posted about looking at this time as an adventure for finding yourself. That makes it sound fun and exciting (two things I struggle with).

So what do we want to do that is fun and exciting today? I am going to a play with three friends this evening for the first time in a long time.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Loneliness is part of the territory and unfortunately the only way to heal that void is time. Each day of NC will get a little bit better, I promise.

KC & LR are so right. If you don't work on you, heal, embrace being comfortable in your own skin, set boundaries on what you will and will not tolerate in your next relationship - you may not be able to ever recognize the red flags in the beginning of your next relationship and be in a similar place years from now.

You deserve happiness! But you have to put in the work to your happiness too.

Feel better!