Notices

Day 2

Old 09-06-2011, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

this is my second recovery and Ive been off and on this site for a couple months now toying with the idea of getting clean , well story short everything came to a heads on Sunday and i decided that i needed to get clean , ive been to 2 NA meetings , Monday night and Tuesday (tonight) night , i guess im posting cos right now all i want to do is pick up and use cos i know that will take away the **** feelings for a few hours , my last night using was messy and ****** to be honest but that doesn't stop the head saying that that's the way only i know from my first recovery that it isn't the way for me. i guess im posting cos im struggling really bad .. im not good with asking for help etc etc , anyways ill be in chat for about 20 mins or so and would really like someone to chat too who can help me out , i guess im putting a time limit on there cos i don't want to be sitting in there alone forever lol . if you can handle chatting to a really crazy "new comer" please come and chat to me in the chat room thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

cant, just stay active,

and you will find you can not use for the rest of the day.

and get that butt to another meeting, or some revovery program

good wishes
Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR cantgetrecovery

Good to see another Kiwi here - I'm an Aussie.

I hope you'll check in again - it's a long weekend in the states and early morning there...things pick up later.

The problem with getting high to feel better for a while is that it's short term stuff...it's just a band aid and sooner or later the band aid just won't stick as well..

It's a losing cycle.

I'm an alcoholic - but I think the principles the same - once I started doing something different, instead of drinking or using, I started to get somewhere.

I hope you'll keep looking for support - I think it's very important, especially when you're struggling.

Here are a few NZ links - I hope they may somewhere to start for you.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

D