Notices

Day 12... The Sun is shinning

Old 09-03-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12... The Sun is shinning

I am 12 days sober today and things are starting to get better.
I went to my first meeting and I am going again tonight. I can't wait!!
Going to the meeting was a big turning point for me, however
The biggest thing for me was joining in the chat rooms here and making friends!!
It was that instant talking to someone, that not being alone, the feeling of acceptance.
It was the new found friends in chat that gave me the strength and courage to walk through that door for the meeting.

I make it a point to walk my dog three times a day now before I never left the house
I talked to my neighbour the other day (I am not sure who was more surprised me or him..:rotfxko)
I have played with my children, baked with my children and just in general been present for my children. It has been hard because I have struggled but I have made this an effort and was able to do it.

I have struggled in these 12 days, I have wanted to drink, I have wanted to give in. But I am here today and I am 12 days sober and the sun is shinning brighter then it has in 15 years.

I don't want to drink today, I have no desire to drink today and so I am going with that. I will take what today gives me and just deal with that.

Thank you each and everyone of you. For helping to pull me out of the fog and help me stand on my feet. I have a long road ahead of me, but at least now I have a path in mind.. and its not so lonely

Mish
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Thanks for a wonderful share. Thanks for the negative as well as the positive. There's help available and you're using it. Keep up the great work. It isn't easy - you know that - but it's worth it, you're discovering that too. Hug your children for me.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I'm so glad things are looking up for you L4N. I know it was really rough at the beginning, but it's days like today that make it worth it.

Glad to hear that you liked the meeting and also that you were able to make friends on chat. Keep up the great work!

Old 09-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post! Made my day. It's so awsome to see womeone commited to sobriety.

You can do this. AA will help.

Best to you!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I make it a point to walk my dog three times a day now before I never left the house
That does your dog and yourself a great favor. Exercise is one of the best relievers of stress and depression I can think of. I also like to walk my dogs just to watch them 'being dogs' and living thru their noses. It's so much fun to let them on a slack leash and just let them sniff to their hearts' content.

I used to be a hermit too. Always stayed home drinking, except for going out to get more... Now I get out and smile at people and say hello.

Stay on the sober path. It's worth it. I started out a chronic relapser but I never gave up, due to the love and support of my friends here and my wonderful counselor. Now I have 21 months sober! Me!! And I used to think I was hopeless. Not so!

Stick to it, you'll be glad you did.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's a great feeling isn't it? Keep going to meetings, especially if you don't feel like it. You're in the "honeymoon" period now. There's a good chance your alcoholic brain will try to fool you into thinking that you can handle drinking in the weeks to come, mine tried hard around day 50. Get a sponsor, they've been there and can remind you of how bad it can suck and how beautiful it can be, even if you can't see it that day...
Old 09-03-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

and it only gets better, if you can make it thorugh the tough times (they are usually short lived)

Well done and keep it up!!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for your post - thats terrific lost4now..I was really glad to read this!

D
Old 09-03-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That made me smile - so relieved to see you doing well and starting to enjoy life again.
It'll keep getting better as you continue to heal.