Feeling grateful tonight

Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Feeling grateful tonight

I am so grateful tonight!

September 3 years ago...

I was breaking up with XABF and my eyes hurt from crying. I looked like a zombie and barely made it to work and went through the bare basics of life. I was starting to have suicidal thoughts. I had NEVER felt so empty and the only ones who understood and shared compassion with me were the wonderful SR folks.

I start this September:

Laughing with my mom.
Relaxing listening to the night storm. (Gotan project)

Got Tibetan meditation techniques course in the local Tibet center this weekend. Spa on Sunday .

Next weekend, visit my best friends in Mex city. Dalai Lama conference on Sunday.

Then I will come back and move with a girl friend. Cheaper rent that will allow me to:

Save to get the Mazda 3 I always wanted to drive. I need to drive an automatic gear now. Great excuse to get a better car!!

-AND-

Save to go get my masters degree in Sweden. I already know which program and which University. I am so excited thinking about my graduation day and re-learning the basic Swedish I learned some years ago.

I still practice different kinds of boxing and I love it. I have to modify many moves but I enjoy the music very much. My technique has improved, as has my core strength.

I am planning to go to 3 concerts! very exciting! Including a Mexican rock band Caifanes which is one of my favorites ever...

I went to a coffee shop today and loved the Chai latte.

My mom decided to move somewhere else, a place we both love in the South of the country. I am happ about spending some relaxing time there and knowing she will be OK, in a more relaxed place.

I am satisfied and happy with my job.

Taking an online photography course.

I might go to Bangkok once again next year. Thinking of getting a better camera. And buying great designer fabric (very cheap over there). Oh, because I am throwing myself to my dream: fashion design! I am just starting and am surprising myself with all the illustration and ideas that I got.
This is what I always wanted to do. But I never had time because I was too busy being depressed, blaming others, wasting my time with losers/jerks, and ignoring my talents and interests.

I am still angry/resentful about things but not as much as I was. Trusting the process, starting to feel a shift...

I am catching up with the life I had not enjoyed so far.

I am full of gratitude today, finding good friends, around good company and positive people who believe in me. I don't know why I was sad before, when life can be great, and I have many things to be grateful for. I guess I am shedding the negativity and having a more balanced view of life, a life that includes REAL FRIENDS, music, tasty food, drinks once in a while, books, travel, laughter, peaceful nights....

Thanks for letting me share and for all the support these last 3 years!

I hope anyone that is going through difficult mourning stages realizes there is much more to live and to enjoy ahead of you... IT DOES GET SO MUCH BETTER!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Your progress in the last three years is very inspirational. Thank you for sharing. You are doing great and I am glad that you have found much deserved happiness.

Go get those dreams!