Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

September 1 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

September 1 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

When our problems enclose us and saturate our thoughts, we find ourselves in an isolation that gives us an acute sense of loneliness. We may confide in friends, but underneath we feel nobody understands what we are going through.

Dwelling on our troubles only shuts out a world that is waiting to be enjoyed. Nothing has real power to deprive us of the delights to be found in many daily experiences – even a routine household task, well done. For those of us who are fortunate enough to have young lives in our care, we can forget out troubles in devoting loving attention to them and their development. Observing our children is like reading a fascinating and often amusing book!

TODAY’S REMINDER

I may have big troubles but I can, if I will, make them less painful by turning my thoughts to happier things. I will not isolate myself in my problems. I will observe and enjoy what is good and pleasant in the world around me.

“Let me not deprive myself of the many little joys that are mine for the taking.”
Old 09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is great I actually just posted on FB about how much I enjoy singing to my 3 year old before he sleeps. AH is very busy right now enveloping himself in the negative and I really hope he starts seeing these small bits of happiness and see how significant they actually are.