Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

August 31 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

August 31 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

“It’s a nice day,” people say when the weather’s fine. One of the things we learn in Al-Anon is that the kind of a day it is does not depend on the weather, but on our attitudes and reactions to what’s happening.

We can make every day a nice day. Al-Anon’s helpful little leaflet, “Just for Today,” says it this way: “Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, keep my voice low, be courteous. I won’t find fault.” This is bound to brighten the day, for me and everybody I meet!

TODAY’S REMINDER

I will make up my mind to be cheerful every waking moment of this day. I will not expect too much; this will shield me from being annoyed at little things that don’t go just the way I wanted them to. I will try to accomplish something specific, perhaps some chore I have long been putting off. I will wear a pleasant smile for everyone I meet today.

“What a comfortable feeling it gives me to realize that all I have to deal with is just this one day. It makes everything so much easier.”