Notices

Heroin Detox - Doing it Alone - Reporting at 4 hours

Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Heroin Detox - Doing it Alone - Reporting at 4 hours

Well. Here I go.
I am trying the "DIY" detox. Unfortunately, I really would like to do the medical detox (i.e. suboxone), but I cannot put my wife through this again. She does not know that I picked up again.
I am sick of the lying, but I will do it one more time and say that the ugly withdrawal that I am about to start feeling is the flu. Unfortunately, this flu can very quickly be made better with a shot of junk. I judt need to remember that by doing that, its just prolonging the inevitable. Even to add to the lying, I have a sponsor in AA, he doesn't even know that I picked up again. Although my home group is probably wondering why I haven't picked up any "time chips".
I really hate it. The benefits of using (freedom from anxiety and depression) do not outweigh the bad stuff anymore. The lying, the risks to my health, the law breaking, the job suffering, the marriage problems, I can increase this list ad-nauseum!
I have stocked up on diphenhydramine (Benedryl) for the eye and nasal discharge, naproxyn for the pain, and loperimide for the awful intestinal discomfort about to start in a few hours. This is going to be hell, but I am looking forward to it in that this will (God-willing) be the last time!
Dopeman's number is out of my phone (this is, of course, symbolical - any heroin addict will know that number or get it back, even if its in a house thats burning down)
This website is also new to me, but I see allot of good sobriety here, so I want to document my struggle these next few days. Yes, I will also be working (office job) so any experience, strength, and hope will be greatly appreciated!

Well, the wife just came in - So I gotta go. Its been 4 hours since my last (hopefully ever) shot. I really feel sad whenever I see her now. My life is a big lie!!
Thanks, and I hope that this will stick this time.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know next to nothing about what you're doing, but I wish you well salvelinus.
Remember the ER is always an option if you get concerned or worried.

We also have a substance abuse forum - you will find extra support there as well
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no personal experience either, but others will be along who may be able to offer advice.

I'm glad you found us and that you have decided to live a sober life.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My doc is pills and booze. Worried for you...maybe you should not tough it out and get the help from suboxone or doctors to help...might be dangerous not to? Took alot of courage for you to come here to SR and am glad you did. Please let us know how you are doing. All my prayers.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome. I've been sober from everything for 3 years (today actually!), but my main DOCs were heroin, cocaine and alcohol. Visit over on the substance abuse side, there's lots of us whove been through withdrawal, and recovery over there. I hope you're getting a bit of outside support, it's a rough go at first.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the quick responses! I think I will come to love this website! I will move this post over to the drug addiction side of the website also. I have a feeling this is going to be a rough next few days. As for the questions about danger, the withdral is notoriously uncomfortable, but never fatal like alcohol or barbiturates can be --- Its just God's wrath for messing around with the poppy...
Old 08-31-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Salve,

I have no personal experience with opiate withdrawal but wanted to welcome you to SR.

((((smacked))))). Congrats on your three years!

Love,

Lenina
Old 08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Heroin withdrawal is MORE deadly than alcohol withdrawal, lasting weeks longer. Detoxing without medical help is NEVER suggested.