Notices

Sleeping Problems ???

Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Sleeping Problems ???

So last night I'm trying to fall asleep, but can't. My body feels overly numb. I get what feels like jolts of adrenalin up my back. I keep checking my pulse and it feels normal. I put my hand in front of my mouth and can feel my breath. It's weird cause I've had this happen from time to time since I quit drinking, but last night was just bad. When I finally did fall asleep I only slept 5 hours and woke feeling just sore and like I got no sleep. It makes me wanna go to the doctor, but I just had a chest X Ray and an EKG last week. Everything came back normal. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does I just can't handle it.

I'm still trying to avoid meds. I'm 78 days sober now I feel like I'm getting better, but then I have a night like that.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if other people have dealt with this and is this normal???
Old 08-31-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Has anybody dealt with this?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I may not have technically dealt with it as severe as you have but I have had something similar.
Do you have any anxiety issues at all?
Old 08-31-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I often get restless legs and 'nerve zaps' but they're from a prior condition.
It's annoying, but a warm shower often helps me.

Do go back to the Dr if you're worried or concerned BGS

D
Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah I have anxiety problems since I stopped drinking. It feels like they come in spurts. I'll be fine for like a week, and then feel bad for a few days. My doctor said it looks like P.A.W.S.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hey everyone

i get the zaps as well. i am now 53 days in, and finally feeling great.
i have restless legless syndrome and it was one of the contributing factors to me drinking. if i could pass out before they start i would finally sleep. but now i am not going to let them get me back to the bottle. it is not worth it.

the brain zaps are weird they are not every night now. the dr cant explain them, so i am just going to chalk them up to my brain trying to get back to nrmal
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well i am definitely not a doctor... but it sounds like panic attacks kinda to me. i had alot of issues with anxiety before and during drinking... i still have the tendancy to be more of an anxious person. last night i woke up and was anxious everytime i tried to fall back asleep. i just had to keep distracting myself till i was really really tired and could fall asleep. if you went to the doctor and they said everything is good, then it prob is... and thats partially why i say it may just be anxiety. cause panic attacks and stuff arent actually anything physical... just in your head.
good luck and hang in there.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AMD

I took an antidepressant briefly, and would feel these crazy brain zaps. Only 1 morning and stopped that. Funny, figured out to quit that quicker.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah the brain saps suck. I feel like I need to pop my neck or shake my head all the time.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Im having sleeping problems right now...
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How bad is yours??
Old 08-31-2011, 10:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

started 2 days ago (since I quit some addictions)
I think I have to have this computer removed from my bedroom
it completely absorbs me
I just dont like the feelings and thoghts that come when I put my head in the pillow
Old 09-01-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeah I find my mind racing all the time at night, and most of the day. I notice I get worked up over nothing usually. How long have you been sober?
Old 11-25-2011, 01:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Beach Pillow

While straight body pillows or "C" shaped body pillows can be comfortable, they typically will only support one side of the body for "cuddling". Long-time body pillow users find that they need the support on their back so they don't have to balance. This is why they prefer a pillow that can support both sides.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Beach Pillow

Maintain regular bed habits like taking a hot and relaxing bath just before you hit the bed. I take up a spiritual or philosophical book that makes me sleepy. Some are fond of listening to light music to induce sleep. This will help you sleep better.The standard-issue pillow that may be perfect for one sleeper might cause major neck pain for another. This lack of comfort significantly decreases the amount of restful sleep one gets and leads to many nights of tossing and turning. Therefore make sure you use the right pillow.