And I love you too...

Old 08-29-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And I love you too...

There have been many a middle of the night when I have come to this forum to gain strength and understanding -- to find a place where people understand the hurt and sadness and even anger. I have told friends about the group and how you've "saved my life" -- how after reading posts by people like kindeyes, I can stop my tears.

Well my precious baby brother died last night at 47. An overdose? We don't know. Might have been his heart just gave out. He had recently lost everything, every piece of clothing, pair of shoes, tiny momentos, everything he carried in his duffle. But even in the face of that, he was optimistic. His last text told me he was clean and staying cautious and for me to relax and that he loved me.

Thank you to all of you for being there. Thank you for helping "just a sister." And thank you to the Universe for kind souls like yourselves who found small and large ways of helping my brother -- for letting him sleep on your sofa, for taking his calls, for caring about him.

...and I love you too little brother and always will.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Through tears of saddness for you, please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss of your dear brother.

Though your brother lost all of his earthly possessions to the disease of addiction, he never lost the love of his beloved sister. He carries that with him for eternity.

You and your family are in my prayers.

And I wish that I could give you a gentle hug in person today.
ke
Old 08-29-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

The words cannot heal, but they are meant until you do . . . My condolences and prayers are with you.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss! I am new here and I do not know your story, but i hope you can remember the good times and keep his memory alive. Take care of YOU!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

brucessister,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry. There are too many loved ones lost to addiction. I pray you find continued strength.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am so sorry...
Old 08-29-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Brucessister,

I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

I lost my 8-year-old cousin to cancer almost 10 years ago, and although his and your brother's deaths are not the same, I do understand the pain of losing someone without being able to prepare yourself for it. Just try to remember the good times you had together - hold those memories close to your heart and refer to them when you need to ease your pain. The pain never goes away completely, but it does get easier with time, and eventually all you will have are the good memories. After my experience, I now view death not as an end of something, but as a celebration of life.

I hope my words have helped you find a bit of peace today. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask.

Sending hugs and strength your way,
Old 08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

With all my heart I believe your brother is with you while you mourn. I believe he'll remain for as long as you need him, and that his star will always shine brightly forever after. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((brucessister)))
How blessed he was, to have your love. that is the greatest possession. I am truly so very sorry for this terrible loss of your dear brother. May he stay close beside you, and may you feel his love holding you closely.

I will remember you and he in my prayers. My heart just aches at this loss. He sounds like a very sweet man, and now material things do not compare with the beauty and richness of spirit that is his.

may your brothers freedom from pain and strife give you some comfort at this very sad time .
chicory
Old 08-29-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your profound loss. I hope you find comfort in knowing he is whole and free now. ((((Hugs))))
Old 08-29-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have read that siblings impact your life more than almost anyone (except for maybe your spouse). My heart and thoughts are going out to you and your family in this time.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

once again, your sentiments and kind words have made a difference -- thank you
Old 08-30-2011, 02:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
it is what it is

i am so sorry that you have experienced this loss - how precious that you have a last sweet message from him - my prayers will be with you