Notices

Now what

Old 08-25-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now what

My sister is back drinking. She left me a message that she was at an emergency mental facility. She came down to help my brother who more then likely has advanced cancer. I just don't want to deal with her crap anymore. I don't want to call her there. She probably was baker acted again because she said she was going to kill herself. She has major depression, PTSD but she wont take steps to help herself. She doesn't take her meds all the time. My brother is probably wondering what happened to her. I haven't heard from her in 3 days after the 4 drunk. disturbing voicemails she left on me while I was busting my butt for 12 hours at work. I cant get a hold of my brother. I want to just leave her butt there. How could she do all this while my brother is so sick? I am trying so hard to get my life together but my family is so screwed up that they continually drag me down. I am so furious with her.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're going through this.

If your sister is at a mental facility, then she is being taken care of and getting some help. It's up to her to choose to take the help that is offered, including meds, or not. I hope you can take a step back and focus on you, and to offer support to your brother.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Prayers sent
Old 08-25-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. Those are really heavy burdens. You have every reason to be angry at your sister... but in the end, the anger doesn't hurt her, only you. I hope you can find some peace in focusing on those things that you can control. I'm glad you came here to post—it's always inspiring to see people refusing to get blown off course.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

LPN, good to hear from you. This is exactly the right place for you to release these feelings. I've been getting frustrated with people today as well. A damn greedy boss who keeps trying to dig deeper in the pockets of one of the few deals that may close for the year. He's a two faced liar, and I resent...no despise him, and would love to move on. I was getting depressed over it tonight, and was resentful that my wife butt dialed me from the bar with her friends where I could hear the revelry in the background. So...I went to the Y and swam a mile (the second time in my life; first mile was a few weeks ago). Now, I feel better and am too tired to be mad.

Anyway, my point is to keep venting here, but it may help to find a healthy physical outlet for you too (MMA training? That'll get your yayas out!)

Peace!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Pages 66-67. Treat them as you would a sick person. You aren't responsible for their actions. Pray for them. Anger is said to be fear turned sideways. Talk to someone at a meeting....anger hurts you...
You have no control over these situations, yet you can change your attitude....
More prayers.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey there! We talked about this just last night at a meeting - family. It was interesting to me how involved and how much control people wanted to exert over their family member who was also sick. This is why Alanon is a good place to go. They teach you to let go and not try to control the sick person.

I have no control over anyone but myself and I am trying very hard to remember that every day. I can only be an example and nothing else. It's frustrating to watch people you care about go through so much when there are answers out there. I feel for you.

I hope you can take care of you and remember that's the best thing you can do for any family member. At least I got this down. LOL I have so much to learn.