how does that happen???

Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how does that happen???

so, my husband picked up his 60 day chip today (yay!)...today was actually day 61, but yesterday was a closed meeting and he wanted me there when he picked up his chip (again, YAY!)...so, here's my dilemma-ish...i have kept in touch with the women from my family week at the treatment facility...we were all in different places on our journey then as we all are now...but we have kept in touch and have been supportive of each other nonetheless...i have had good days...even the bad days have been good days (and i'm not an optimist)...but my husband and i are working on things...we are starting to have what resembles a normal relationship (what's that about?)...i'm not counting on things being this good forever...but i am grateful for today, because that's what i can count on...tomorrow the clock resets and we start all over (that was a tough one to swallow...i'm a planner you see)...so, these women that i have come to be close friends with, their journey with their spouses has been much different than mine...their journey has been much rockier than mine...it's leaving me almost feeling guilty for my own happiness...not because they have made me feel that way in no way...so how does that work? for the first time in 13 years i am genuinely happy in my marriage...i don't know this man i am married to and i find that could possibly be our saving grace...because the man i knew was an active addict...i'm THRILLED that i don't know this man...i don't know what to say to them, as i am bursting with joy...so, what do i say...i'm afraid that my joy will make them second guess the decisions that they have chosen to make in reference to their marital relationships (that i did hear from one of them)...any suggestions?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Share your experience. That's all you really have... And if others hear your experience and they reconsider their own paths and choices... Well, maybe that was what was meant to be. And you have made a difference.

Awesome! Not all relationships end because of addiction, alcoholism and recovery. We all need to hear the good stuff!!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I get so much our of the ESH when people have done the work on themselves. It does not matter what they are sharing, the "being real" is the part that always comes through. It cannot be beat and it cannot be hidden.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't ever feel guilty for feeling happy - isn't that what everyone wants out of life, happiness? Share your feelings and the success you and your husband are having ...it may give the women who are struggling some hope.

It definitely gives me hope that both my Abf and I will one day be truly happy.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanx for the feedback...sent some emails out earlier-that were honest, if nothing else i feel better