Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

August 23 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 08-23-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

August 23 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

We learn so much in Al-Anon, and in such interesting and unexpected ways. In the midst of a somewhat bantering interchange at a meeting, everyone suddenly laughed at something that was said. “Wait a minute,” one member interrupted. “Everyone around this table is smiling – we’ve all put aside our grief and our grievances. Do we behave in this cheerful way at home, or do we automatically put on our ‘martyr face’? I know I do, and right now I’m going to begin to change that.”

TODAY’S REMINDER

Do I habitually wear my martyr face to remind my spouse what a hard time he’s giving me? Or do I try to lift his spirits, already so depressed by guilt and confusion? Will I try, really try, from now on, to be pleasant and a bit gay, even when things aren’t going my way Am I afraid to let those around me know I do have some reasons to be happy, or do I want everybody to feel sorry for me?

“…that thou art happy, thou owest to God; that thou continues such, thou owest to thyself.”