Notices

Stream of Consciousness - Alcohol

Old 08-23-2011, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stream of Consciousness - Alcohol

It is a start of another attempt at sobriety. I went 40 days, no alcohol. This will be a stream of consciousness entry. If you are not familiar with SoC, then simply, write or type anything and everything that comes to your head for some interval of time. I find music really helps the juices to flow. It can really bring out some inner thoughts, and yes, a lot of it may not make sense, but you are just releasing an immense amount of subconscious thoughts . Almost like spring cleaning for your brian.

I will share mine.

I will be writing this to Foster the People, 3 Songs. The topic, alcohol.

Helena Beat, Broken Jaw, Life on the Nickel.

Ready....go.

First time its fine to **** everything, second times its your fault, 300th time, no one is listening, Lost causes are all the same, I will not divulge why that is, after all they are lost causes. Dont be one. Go above the fray, above the lime light, be your own light. To quote Chroic Future, sometimes you watch the flight of the birds, sometimes you are the flight of the birds and sometimes you are yourself.

DOnt believe what they say, you are the only one who knows. Without it youll find the grace of crazy and fun with your own spirits, not some brand of spirit bought by the confines of toxic chemistry. Spill your creativity, not your drink, breathe life, not ethonyl. Be the man above all the others, save your friends life, go home with an extra $40. Take a breathe mint because your breathe stinks, drive by a cop and smile, sip some water, hydrate, breathe, do yoga, pacify the man inside.

Feel the cup in your hands, the bottle ice cold, the aluminum absorbing your body heat, know your willpower is stronger than material, corporate advertisement, peer pressure, the bartender, the bar stool, and the tip jar. You friends will be there for you, and if not, they were your enemies. They are poison, and they must be detoxed. They will not follow you, but they will follow others. THe will not follow the most important person in their lives, but the commercials during the superbowl from meanings digitized images on a spectrum of light. They do not enjoy your limelight, but those of the media.

PEace of mine is not a crime, you will feel it. Peace of cake is a failed expression, because cake can be hard to make for some. Be the some. Be the exception, dont watch the flight of the birds, do not be the flights of the birds, be yourself. You will not risk falling either way....you are not a bird after all. You are not paying $4 to flush toxins through your esophagus through the stomach absorbed my mucosa, overflooding the liver, into the blood stream, through the dura mater, inebriating the nueron, stupifying your conscious and unconscious brain, inflamming your digestive tract, inhibiting urinary control, and other wise ruining every other system in your body....for a $4 a pint, .....there will be no more of this blackmail from corporate pressure.

Take a sigh if you dont believe me. Take a sip if you relieve me. EVeryone else drank the kool aid and look where they are. Be the ship that steers away from danger. Please heed my warning, it will happen to you. Take your friends on a safe ride home....love them.....be there for them...because you may not be there. Take time and do what I am doing Spend the time, it will save you years off your life.....it is a demon...it is hell....you are not a demon nor do you belong in hell......

....Break....

So here goes my last rant and do not check it twice. Do one yourself, and feel the relief. Be over powering to the pen and paper! Be emotional in the fords of typed words, feel your finger tips demolish keys as your send every ounce of your willpower transfused into the form of expressive public literature....wake up tomorrow, step foot outside, and influence othrs to do the same. Admist a bad economy....WIN!

Here goes the final stream, no stopping....

A darkess overides your soul burrowing deep into the flesh all for a good time
Party favors come and go but what you break may not be tangible, but will requires years of home made glue made from tears you may never shed
But feel it now, and feel it hard and you better be scared when you hear my words that youll be eating more than dirt for your actions because you may affect those beyond your own flesh and beyond the flesh of others.

Now take a deep breathe in.....hold for 20 seconds...you can do it...and let it out.

Do not read what you wrote nor edit anything that was written.... post it,leave it to be read and shared. Mispellings and typos and all..... Then read what you wrote.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Nice, loudog. I get it; well said. If I had to put your SoC to music, I couldn't decide what type, which, in my opinion makes it even more real. However, I was headed more toward rock (blink 182, green day, etc.) than rap.

Well done!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I want a laptop that works...not sure my thumb can stream...

I'll try pen & paper, today!

Thanks for the share
Old 08-23-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Ever try left hand writing? The read is astounding. Lots of older thoughts come through!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What is left handed writing?
Old 08-23-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Write with your non-dominant hand and stream thoughts or thoughless ness. I don't remember if there's something you need to do before that, maybe short meditation. Try a search.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Search: non-dominant handwriting

This may bring raw emotions out, so some say do this with a therapist. Others say it's crative. It may not work if your ambidextrous (both-handed)
Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think I'd need to practice writing with my left hand so it will look legible, but I think I would like to try this!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey loudog,

I saw this thread the other day and it really intrigued me, not many know this but I had a website for over 10 years, had lots of daily visitors but it seemed like one day my creativity went out the door. I also have written a song or 2 and play some guitar but again the creativity escaped my thoughts.

I tried this and I really had intentions of thinking and writing about my quitting drinking and this below is what came out, it’s really weird, but I think it helps. Thanks so much for pointing me to this type thinking and writing…

Start…

‘In time things will pass better or for worse they move on, friends things and everything else, sometimes I wonder why we’re here at all then I wish upon a star that there is a light a light up high that will be clear to me but now it is not there no matter how hard I try to believe I can’t see this light in the dark.

Break…

I look I stare I wish real hard to find something in me that is not scared, i know there’s hope I feel it sometimes but just like a spec it’s brushed away. I know it’s there because people smarter than me see so why I can’t I don’t know, I want to believe.’

End…
Old 08-26-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Wow. Sounds like you reached your inner child! Beautiful