Quick Update

Old 08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick Update

It has been a very stressful month - feel like I have been to hell and back (slowly). I had to move out, since AH came back after 2 days of leaving (I do not even remember how many times, we have done this back and forth). I again called the cops but same story - he has every right to the home as much as I do and if he resfues to leave, they cant do anything. So, I moved out. The kids came back home (to the new place) from my sister's and have started school. The younger one had a tough time adjusting to the change, since he is missing all his friends at the old place. He is doing ok now and we are slowly settling in. I got internet connection at the new place only during the past weekend..

So, within the past month - filed for divorce, moved out. Now looks like I might have to start job hunting again. My contract job ends this month end and no word yet on whether it is getting extended. I am past being stressed out now.. Have the first court date (temporary custody hearing) coming up on sep 1. Lots of drama going with the STBXAH - am trying to hang in there.. I have lots of paperwork to fill and other stuff to take care of and completely overwhelmed. Trying to take it easy whenever I feel overwhelmed..
Old 08-23-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Thanks for checking in, BeProactive.
It sounds like you and your family are working towards a better, healthier place. I'm happy for you.
It's stressful, dealing with an alcoholic, and then removing yourself from one. It does get better.

Here's wishing you lots of "better."
Old 08-23-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry it's stressful on multiple fronts for you right now. I've found that when I am feeling particularly overwhelmed, I shave things down to 5 minutes at a time.

Sending you hugs of support!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I can feel your stress, you do have alot on your plate.

It will get better, keep moving forward one step at a time.

If you need us, we are here for you!