Notices

37 Days, I 'm Sorry, I Just Can't

Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

37 Days, I 'm Sorry, I Just Can't

well I just want to thank those of you have been kind & supportive, I'm sorry I disappointed you
Old 08-22-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi edeneen

I guess you mean you're giving up on recovery?
I really hope you reconsider.

I know getting sober is tough, but drinking is tougher - even if it doesn't seem that way right now.

Go back and read your earlier posts here. You've obviously been battling with this for a while.
Drinking causes you problems.

If you give up now, you'll just have to start again with recovery somewhere down the track - why not stick with this?

If you're finding it tough - really think about finding more support - I know you've tried a few things but maybe you need to look again at the support options open to you?

D
Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

But, edeneen, you CAN! Don't you let yourself believe you can't for a minute!

There is no disappointment; the only disappointment would be if you gave up altogether!

When we stumble, it really is helpful to look at what just happened and get something out of it. What got you to pick up again? How can that situation be handled differently? These are questions we ALL have asked when on the path.

I really encourage you not to give up! We're all here for you.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Edeneen...If you give up, don't give up to drinking. Give up to anything else. When I am at the end of my rope, exasperated, I try to give up to God. I understand being weary of the battle, and exhausted. But that doesn't mean you need to drink. Do anything else...go to a movie, to the mall, go workout, walk around the block, or distract yourself with a new book you would never have otherwise found the time to read. The point is that recovery itself, and working on it, can be exhausting. Taking a break from recovery doesn't mean you have to return to drinking. Try something else first. I don't know your situation, but I hope you will listen to the throngs of people who have found success on this site to find an alternative to giving up.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can't disappoint us only yourself. That 37 days had to mean something, get it back. My best to you.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes...........you can !!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Edeneen, don't give up. There is always hope!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yes it was exhausting, and i was happy, NOW I am just miiserable and hating myslf, I am at wits' end, I don't know what to do anymore...
Old 08-22-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Your 38th day will be a lot easier than your next Day 1.

I've personally felt crushed whenever I failed to quit in the past.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Your choice.

I know that today, 98 days sober, life is wonderful and I have things to live for. I'm sending prayers your way
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

edeneen - You definitely CAN do it, in spite of how miserable you feel right now. I have almost 4 yrs. & I drank my whole life. In the beginning it wasn't all sunshine & rainbows, for sure - but you have to give it a chance & believe there'll be a brighter day.

It took me months to begin to really heal, I had abused myself so badly. I kept thinking, "If this is as good as I'm ever going to feel, I might as well drink". I made myself get past that phase because I didn't want to start over - & knew I had to quit or die. I'm so glad I didn't cave in when I wanted to back in the beginning. All your hard work will be worth it - you won't keep feeling this way forever. Please give yourself another chance. We are here no matter what.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Best After Date:June 12, 2011

There's no can't. Only won't try. Trying and failing is admirable. Failing and trying again even more so. Keep trying even when you fail.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

When is the last time you made 37 days? What type of support system do you have?

My first few months of sobriety were the worst days of my life. At about 60 days, I walked to a meeting of AA to get support. Does AA solve my depression and angst? Not yet. But I keep going, as going back to drinking is death and despair beyond all comprehension.

Keep posting here! Read here! Look for success stories.

Sobriety simply is not something easily achieved alone. Period.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I understand wanting to give in. I have had a couple of moments. I've hung in there though and so glad I did. I hope you decide not to drink. You have really come a long way. Hang in there. HUGS!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Edeneen, this post makes me want to cry. Really. (must stop doing this!!!!)

It's tiring giving everything to something you have never tried before. Especially when you are giving it your ALL. Sobriety is scary for many of us, because it's uncharted terraitory and the feelings that come can be overwhelming.

I hope you can change your mind..and if you don't, please come back to us when you are ready. I didn't think I could do it, but I did, and many of us are doing it, every day. This is why SR is here, for all of us, who feel tired, jaded, overwhelmed, exhausted. Not just for those lightbulb moments, or joy in sobriety. We are all human. Sometimes we want to lie down and give up. Think hard, think REALLY hard about what this is all about. Drinking isn't going to shake off that feeling, in fact, I found (and many others found) it added lead weights to our lives - literally, dragging us down further and further. Show me someone whose life has been improved by going back to drinking....

Big hugs. xxxx
Old 08-22-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is a brand new day Edeneen. Time to pick yourself up and start again. I know you can do it. Don't let alcohol win....your stronger than that. Support is extremely helpful.....we're here for you. Hang on!
:ghug3

Best Wishes To You!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

So, your couldn't do it today, So what!!!!!!!!!!!! You made 37 days. You may be here tomorrow, starting on day one again, or you may not be here for awhile. You did the 37 days because it meant something to you.

It's hard, I know it is, I'm struggling here at day 21. When you go to visit people, no one asks you if you want to smoke pot, if you want a "fix", but they do ask you if you want a drink.

If you didn't want to stop, you wouldn't still be here. I need to tell you, that you are a terrific person, a beautiful person, someone who has so much to offer.

I hope to see you back in the near future, I think I can learn a lot from you.

amy
Old 08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

hope to see you back in chat soon edeneen. We can do this!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

As pivotal said, pick yourself up and start over.

Most of us don't get sobriety the first time (or the first 100 times)
Old 08-22-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Please before you throw in the towel listen to this channel
I really hope it helps.
Relapse Prevention How To Stay Sober!
staying sober lots of good stuff to keep you sober.