Notices

different habit same ruitine

Old 08-20-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

different habit same ruitine

I woke up 2 1/2 years ago sick tired stressed and fearing death I was 46 years old.The reason alcohol.I was a successful business man.If not for owning my own business I could have never detoxed from alcohol by myself.My employees ran the shop while I dealt with my addiction.I kicked the booze cold turkey that day and never looked back.I really do not want to discuss the withdrawals most here know the feeling.It was the worse few weeks of my life.NOW I am working on my new one which is oxycodone.I also was a weightlifter most my life and into racing cars.A few accidents and too heavy of weights had left my body battered fairly well.Doc prescribed oxycodone 1 year ago.For me not a easy as the booze to quit.I tried cold turkey and can not deal with the pain.I am now trying to pyramid myself off.This is going to be a tough one considering I am also doing a zanax elimination at the same time.I refuse help and will do this on my own.I am in severe sweats and chills as I type.I can handle the worse.I am certain the outcome will be clean I just needed to write this I do not even know why.I guess it is venting to who ever for self serving reasons I do not know.I will check back later good luck to everyone staying clean and looking to be clean.Addictions can happen to anyone race rich poor.Bye
Old 08-20-2011, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I wish you well. I suggest seeing a doctor for pill withdrawal and also for pain management. Addicts are hardheaded know-it-alls who can always Do It Myself....

I know, I'm one.

Peace, love, and conerned about your welfare
Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome venicebob - congratulations for getting off the alcohol. I hope your plan to wean yourself from the drugs works for you. It's so difficult for us to control our own addiction.

Just know that others are fighting the same battle - you're certainly not alone in this. We have a section for substance abuse and I know you'll get lots of input there, too:Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 08-20-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi venicebob

I have to suggest you think seriously about getting some help too - whether it be Dr, recovery group or a bit of both.

It's no reflection on you to get help - I thought it was but I was wrong. I found out it's not weak, it's the smart way.

Some fights can be really tough - you may be glad of all the help you can get

Whatever you decide I wish you well tho - I know you'll find support here

Do check out the link Artsoul posted too.

Welcome!
D
Old 08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome venicebob. I also hope you won't do this alone - please be safe. I admire you for taking charge & eliminating the poison from your life.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I am really glad that found us and decided to post.

I also hope that you will talk to your dr about your plan, and I admire your courage in dealing with this issue.