Notices

So tired...

Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So tired...

Okay - I am just curious if anyone is going through something similar? I am on Day 9 of sobriety - the longest EVER in two years and I am EXHAUSTED.
I am so tired all the time...right now it's not even 8pm yet and my eyes are so tired and I could easily go to sleep right now.
Near the end of the work day I feel like nodding off...I never used to be like this and not sure what is going on.
Mind you, I can't say too much because when I was drinking I would usually pass out by 8pm...but sometimes I would last until 9 or 10pm...
My first few days of sobriety I was up until midnight but now I just can't do it. I can barely make it to 10pm.
Has anyone gone through something similar?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I first quit my sleep was all outta whack. Some days I felt really tired, and even had to stay in bed.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bayliss,
I think your body is just telling you it needs the rest .

I was one of those insomniacs the first few months. Not that I wasn't fatigued; ....just couldn't manage to get any restful sleep.

Please try to get some healthy food every day. Sometimes diet related stuff can really wear a person down.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pls see a Dr if you're really concerned, but fatigue is very common in early recovery Bayliss.

We treat our body and minds fairly roughly when we're drinking, or at least I know I did - it takes time for both mind and body to recover

I know it's hard but try and give it time - eat well, be good to yourself, and be patient
D
Old 08-17-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The same thing happened to me. I was very, very sleepy. Not "worn out," but always on the verge of falling asleep. This just cleared up for me over the weekend, and I am now 29 days sober. I think that I damaged my body so badly (confirmed by the blood tests) that it was really busy repairing itself and drained my energy doing it. I asked my doctor about it, though, and he told me that if it persists to see him again.

I'm going back to the doctor for more bloodwork next week, and I hope it will confirm that I'm healing up properly!

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As I said in another post, initially I could never sleep which turned into a few weeks where I couldn't get enough sleep. I was tired all the time. I mean TIRED!! To the point where I could not for the life of me stay awake. If I sat down, my eyes would start to close. It gets better-- I would say just try to sleep as much as you can.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for posting. I am going to try and get as much sleep as possible. This morning I wasn't too shabby but it's 3pm now and I am just so tired I could definitely take a nap. My eyes are closing at work as we speak. And I have another 3.5 hours to go. :/
I will keep on keepin on.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

bayliss, If you can get out and do a quick, fast paced five or ten minute walk, I strongly suggest giving it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised how you feel afterward.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
like a thunder bacon punch!

Know that feeling all to well. Always tired when I should be awake, and wide awake when I should be sleeping. Diet and exercise will help that but even then it only does so much. If you can afford it just listen to your body and sleep when it wants to sleep, you'll feel better.

BTW grats on your 9th day. 1 day shy of having double digits!