Notices

What is everyone doing today?

Old 08-14-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is everyone doing today?

Celebrating my fathers birthday today, going to the gym for 2 hours with my brother, and taking my dogs for a walk.

Afterwards I will be finishing my book and watching HBO's Sunday lineup.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Spending time with my family, [guilty pleasure]watching a few episodes of Hoarders online[/guilty pleasure], playing music, reading.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm going to get out of bed soon (west coast). Then I will get out to breakfast. Shop.

I should be riding the horses, but I cannot muster the will. They are better off on vacation than I am risking a distracted accident. So I will probably take it easy.

I hope whatever we all do, it is what is best for us. And we know what that is--and what it isn't.

Be strong y'all. It aint worth it.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh man, I don't think I could watch hoarders. I hate clutter! I'm a minimalist with my stuff. I like my technology and the sleek look of having few things.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so lazy. I am finishing up a pot of coffee, waiting for my husband to get home from camping. I have done nothing today besides read. And smoke cigarettes.

I just started "Symptoms of Withdrawal" by Christopher Lawford.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Going on a 20 mile bike ride and then off to an AA meeting!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Originally Posted by Phillyphan8811 View Post
Oh man, I don't think I could watch hoarders. I hate clutter! I'm a minimalist with my stuff. I like my technology and the sleek look of having few things.
I really just started watching it because I have seen almost every episode of Intervention twice, and Hoarders really seemed like the next logical step.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Philly,

Tell your Father Happpy B-day, it's my B-day today also and I'm going to BBQ some ribs today and I just got a call from my Daughter saying she coming over today which just put a big smile one my face.

I'm coming up on 2 1/2 years sober and today I live a life that I could never have even imagined I would have. SR played a big part in my recovery so thanks for everyone here on SR.

And for all you newcomers it does get better, the Key is putting all your heart and soul and energy into your recovery..
Old 08-14-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
like a thunder bacon punch!

Just sipping on some coffee before heading to work in a hour. Sucks but at least I've managed to hold onto it. Looking forward to the gym tomorrow myself. My little binger relapse caused me to pretty much ditch the last 2 weeks.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My mum popped over for a cuppa earlier. But I still feel rubbish. In fact I feel worse this evening (it's 7.30pm now) than I did this morning. Hoping I feel better tomorrow. Not at work so will have a chill out day.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Had tea then went to yoga. Came home and made lunch.
Is TrueBlood HBO? It's off the chain this season!!!

Oh. This is special. I received a text message from a good friend that he going to follow my example and quit drinking. I sent back an encouraging text. I just feel so good about it
Old 08-14-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just spending a normal, simple day--a few errands & chores, listening to music, reading, walking. It doesn't really matter, I could be standing on my head, its just all so good being clean and clear and present in this moment.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Days almost over now, not too much, got an IV drip and Librium yesterday.
Advised to taper gently today, and will do accordingly.
Might watch some of the USPA now.
Need an early night, first appt at Detox facility tommorrow morning , Cant wait to get rolling.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Pot roast going in the crock pot, about to go run some errands (just to get out of here for awhile), do a little cleaning, then relax to TV and a book.

In other words, just trying to stay busy!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Got up, played on here a little, made myself breakfast (offered to make the wife something, she declined), did a few things around the house, set up our new iPod/iPhone player (that was easy, I opened the box and plugged it in), went grocery shopping for the week, while shopping decided to make lasagna today, so the sauce is simmering. Wife is napping, she started drinking around 11:00ish Oops, she just came out of the bedroom, as I dropped in the sad face.

Anyway, while simmering my lasagna sauce, Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage was on VH1, so I watched that for the 18,000th time.

And, now I'm here! Crappy day in the Boston burbs, but I did go for a long, extremely enjoyable bike ride yesterday, was hoping to do the same today, but that's just not happening.

I'm also working on a PM to an SR member, he asked me "my story" so he's gonna get that in spades.

And I too am looking for to True Blood, it's amazing, I don't have to Tivo them anymore, I remember them from the first showing. We (wife still does) usually had to watch them two, three and sometimes even four times before we remembered them. Entourage is definitely Tivoed, I can't stay up that late on a work night.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lying around, reading, surfing SR, drinking coffee and diet 7-up(not together), enjoying a quiet house.

I would be out on my bike but it's raining.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
~sb

Coffee and my home made apple oatmeal bread with polanar all fruit, went to get a working copy of diary of a wimpy kid, accident delayed bus, so I walkex 4 blocks to different bus, ran into meeting buddy who had drank, gave him a cig, exchanged dvd, also got 2nd movie, gave cig to wet brained dude got (phone acting up now) back home, washed 2 carpet runners, cleaned kitchen floor, played with cat, about to unpause movie and charge phone.

Whew. 4 months ago I'd have just been messed up and probably wouldn't have even brushed teeth!

Oh, candles lit, bed made and will organize more soon enough! And..SOBER!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i've laid on the couch all day and am going to continue to do so. mainly just surfing around the web finding the interesting things people put up.
trying not to feel too guilty about what i should be doing and just be gentle on myself. grateful to have my computer, my tv, my pets and my house.
just joined sr today to see what could happen.... hi august group.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynedoe View Post
i've laid on the couch all day and am going to continue to do so. mainly just surfing around the web finding the interesting things people put up.
trying not to feel too guilty about what i should be doing and just be gentle on myself. grateful to have my computer, my tv, my pets and my house.
just joined sr today to see what could happen.... hi august group.
Hey, welcome. Thanks for joining in. Guilt's overrated.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It's raining, so I've been cleaning house a bit and helping my daughter pack up for college. Noting too exciting.