Notices

Let's put the word "waste" into perspective

Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Let's put the word "waste" into perspective

I've read it often. "I had half a bottle of wine left, and I didn't want to waste it..."

Seriously? What is the bigger waste? Pouring the wine/beer/liquor down the drain, or down my throat?

The money is already spent and gone, so that is immaterial. The only thing left to get wasted is...me. And my life, my time, my self respect, my everything is worth NOT getting wasted for. I am SAVING something really darn important by getting rid of whatever DOC I'm keeping around.

True thrift involves intelligent choices, and quality, as in quality of life, goes a LONG way, lots further than the buzz from whatever I am thinking I shouldn't waste...yeah, there might be poor Martians out there in space,who'd love to get drunk but have no liquor...in honor of them it would be wrong to WASTE booze...right?

And this doesn't just go for alcohol, same with pot, pills, dope, junk food, myself I don't want to "waste" the investment. Why waste more of my life on what isn't working?

So yeah, I lose nothing by getting the junk out of my life now, including now wasting one more second of my life under the spell of something that is just plain bad for me.