Notices

First Saturday...

Old 08-13-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Saturday...

Hello all,

Just wanted to say that this is going to be my first attempt at being sober on a Saturday night in a LOOOOOONG time. Maybe 2 years?? I have only been drinking for about 2.5 years, the last year quite heavily {sometimes in the mornings - began hiding - drinking alone}.

Anyways - there is booze in the house...my boyfriend is drinking. There is a bit of an urge there, but not a helluva much more crazier one then when there isn't booze in the house.
I can smell it...and it disconcerts me at times...but the goal of me remembering going to bed and being able to remember the night in general is what spurs me to keep my sobriety this weekend.
This will be my first weekend with no booze in quite a while.
Well, I can't get ahead of myself here. It's only 6pm where I'm at.
But I have faith.

The anxiety has been a bit bearable today...more so then yesterday.
But I hear there is a full moon going on here...so a lot of people are feeling a bit out of whack.

Anyways - if I stay sober...which is the plan...I will come back on here later on tonight...and say hello...and be proud of myself.

Talk to you all soon.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Best After Date:June 12, 2011

No, you WILL come back sober and be proud and so will we. Hang in there and enjoy a sober Saturday. Even better, a hangoverless Sunday to be very proud of.
Does you bf not support your sobriety or is he an alcoholic too and not in recovery? It would obviously be better to not be around alcohol and drinkers right now.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay around the boards Bayliss - lots of support here

D
Old 08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello guys!

Well, it is 10:15pm and I am proud to say that I am sober! I have had not a lick of wine at all.
I am really happy that I am going to have a hangoverless Sunday and to be honest, it definitely was not as bad as I thought it was going to be...I had a little bit of anxiety here and there, but overall it was a pretty good night!

Alchy - My boyfriend is one of those people who can drink occasionally...he will have a few beers on the weekend with his buddies, or one during the week if they go out for drinks & wings...definitely doesn't have the same problem as I do with alcohol. He can go weeks without having any alcohol.
He is very supportive though...and I can't get mad if he wants some wine/beer here and there...sometimes he will try avoid drinking around me...
The one that thing he said tonight that made this entire 5 days - onto 6 days worthwhile is that he is proud of me and I am too.

And definitely a lot of support here Dee...I am glad...
This is my first Saturday in 2 years guys! WOOHOO!!!!!

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Pineapple sherbet and vanilla ice cream...

Glad you did it!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations...take it one day at a time.

I know everyone feels out of whack due to the full moon and the Mercury retrograde...it'll be over in a week or so. Hang tight.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on getting through your night! I remember how hard it is, but if you focus on just today, staying sober today...and do it all again tomorrow...it'll be much easier.

Hang around here for inspiration and support..it worked for me.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My first week of sobriety was pure fogginess and relentless thoughts of drinking. Hang in there. It gets better. 5 whole days? That is reLly super awesome! Be proud and keep at it!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go, bayliss - I'm so glad you'll be feeling great in the morning. The first weekend was the hardest for me too. Just knowing I could do it was a really good feeling.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Thanks again to everyone who posted! Saturday was actually kinda fun without the booze.
Sunday is going well so far - I actually woke up with a bit of a headache which was bizarre! But I am feeling better.
Going to have a great sober Sunday and an early night to sleep...hope this weekend is a lot better anxiety-wise then it was last week.

And EmeraldRose - I agree with you - with the full moon and retrograde I definitely think our bodies are a bit out of whack. It'll be over soon enough. Lol.

Yay! First sober weekend in forever!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Bay!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations Bayliss! I'm sober too. It's more fun that I had imagined.

I have those early morning hangover echos too. Kinda crappy really. But I'm sure it will pass. Great job on last night. I hope you slept well and feel like you can do whatever you want today.