Notices

Cool Hand Luke

Old 08-13-2011, 01:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Hand Luke

I am sober. I have been for many series of one days and I intend to keep it this way. The reality is that it is not about will power, it is about being beaten. Will power feeds the ego. It is a selfish battle and one that is fought in solitary confinement. It invariably ends in failure as the motivation is anger and the reward is loneliness.

What has happened me is that I have finally admitted powerlessness over alcohol. It has kicked my ass for a long time. I have relapsed in the past and wondered after swearing never to drink again, how the hell I managed to do just that.

I dont think in shades of grey on this subject. It is black and white. I just have to obey the man with no eyes and I will be all right. If I run next time, I could be finished.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this will be a turning point for you Eddie

Things really started moving for me when I accepted the reality of my relationship with alcohol too
D
Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep, by removing the might's, yet's, maybe's, someday and what if's etc. about alcohol you are moving forward. It took me countless relapses to finaly understand this.

"I dont think in shades of grey on this subject. It is black and white."~ This is so true...