An embarrassing confession

Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An embarrassing confession

Wow! I've posted alot these last few days. I guess I must've needed more support than normal.
Here's my confession...

Tonight my AH drew me a bath, which he normally does. But I tonight I felt that he was using this as a way to get me Out of the room so he could drink. It was just a feeling and I had no basis for the assumption.

So basically he kept reminding me and I kept thanking him but continued to sit on the bed and read. I watched him pace, scrub the carpet, and finally lie down in bed before I finally gave in and left.

Was it mature of me? No.

But was I amused to watch him fidget and make it inconvenient to drink? Yes.

Did he drink while I was in the bathroom? Probably

But after all the aggravation, fights and tears this week, I finally feel like I am
Able to step back and once again say that I can't fix him. So I decided to have some immature fun. I'll be grown up again tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My husband would actually tell me that he wanted to use the restroom--take a long time in there, and then it was obvious that he was drinking--crazy receipt from liquor stores in the toilet, hidden mini liquor bottles-drove me crazy--as well he would tell me that he needed to run a errand, take a while to come back---That was a crazy time for me, especially with a new baby.

The Getting Them Sober books were helpful. I just prayed to God. And I just hoped that the next day was better. I know how you feel.

I am so thankful that my husband went through an outpatient program this past December (Thank God for my company's insurance). It was more intense. But he has stayed in his job and has stayed sober since his last relapse this past December. And it has been easier for us to have a marriage as well for my husband to build a good relationship with his son.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

The only sure way is with a good breathaylzer device. Alcoholics can be very sneaky. They will deny drinking even while staggering drunk.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

So I decided to have some immature fun. I'll be grown up again tomorrow.

Good for you!!!!!!!

I know that feeling, lol During my marriage to my first A, when I myself had not yet hit my own 'full blown' alcoholism, ................................ it had been a particularly 'crazy' several weeks. When he had 'passed' out for the night one night, I was finishing up the laundry and I took ALL his underwear, jockeys and t-shirts and I STARCHED THEM STIFF. Hung them on the clothes lines in the basement (it was winter) and in the morning put all his 'clean' underwear away.

Needless to say he was not a very happy camper and ended up with quite a rash until he 'figured' out he had to use some of 'his' money to go buy new underwear instead of booze or actually run a load of his underwear in the washing machine and then dry them in the dryer.

Yep you guessed it, he bought new underwear. It was shortly after that, that I stopped doing his laundry and stopped saving him 'meals'. Either he ate with the rest of us or he had to fix himself something.

I do believe that it is 'human nature' to reach a 'breaking point.'

Thank you for giving me a 'good giggle' this evening.

Love and hugs,
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lol My AXBF was helping me pressure-wash my house once. He claimed that we needed a ladder. So he went to his house to get one and returned like 3 hours later. Duh.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the laugh this morning!

It is probably passive/aggressive, but harmless!

I love to say all the time, get your little laughs & victories where you can!

My ah has been sober 3 months. We got of rid of all alcohol in our house. Even the hand sanitizers, he was drinking. I have been cooking more lately, was making risotto. It calls for cooking wine. Without even thinking about it I reached for the bottle in the kitchen pantry with the spices. It was there, but empty. So was the cooking sherry & marsala, & sweet vermouth. All these are used only for cooking. I was shocked. I hadn't even thought about our "spices"? He admitted to it, and looked at me like I was crazy. Oh well, just another lesson to put in my book. I am racking them up quickly these days. I guess I better go check the vanilla!

Wishing you great luck!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Yes barely, chronic alcoholics will turn to all sorts of household products to get their "fix" of booze.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I chuckled too. That would have been something I would have done too. My RAH ran lots of errands off and on all day. It was funny because all of a sudden he was more than will to run all over town for just about anything. He also smokes behind my back too so it could have been either really.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I must be crazy!

thanks for your post, it makes me feel a little more sane.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

lol, Good for you!

I myself just came across one of my "immature" moments when I pulled some beers out of the grill outside that I hid from him. I then proceeded to pour them out and trash them. When he has beer in the fridge I always take a few and hide them because I figure it's less of him to drink. Immature I know... Oh well.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am new here. I asked my AH to leave in May. Prior to his leaving, he had flasks stashed everywhere. One day I found a flask in a barn on our property where he liked to go hide out and drink. I emptied the flask and filled it with my own urine and put it back. The next time I checked, the flask was half empty. A few days later it was empty. He had been putting URINE in his drink and hadn't even noticed.

Immature, yes, but terribly satisfying and it galvanized my decision to separate.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Soaring! Welcome to SR!!!

We are very glad you found us and hope you will find invaluable support here. When you feel comfortable, why don't you start a thread of your very own and introduce yourself.

Welcome, again. You are among people who understand.....

Hugs, HG
Old 08-14-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I use to pour out the vodka too until I realized that every time I did that he would just go out and get more and I'm the one paying for it so who's the smart one!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

LOL

I love reading these posts as I used to do that! (the lacy things) and reading it here shows how foolish it all was.

whewwww
Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Red face

Originally Posted by Alone22 View Post
I chuckled too. That would have been something I would have done too. My RAH ran lots of errands off and on all day. It was funny because all of a sudden he was more than will to run all over town for just about anything. He also smokes behind my back too so it could have been either really.

lol My husband loves running errands.