Notices

What was accomplished today?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~sb

Thumbs up What was accomplished today?

Time on SR, 1 load laundry, cat care, more SR, music on, coffee made....in 2.5 hours, oh, and crying, had to....next?

What about you? I need more motivation!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Best After Date:June 12, 2011

So far. Not much. lol

Been home sick from work for the 3rd day in a row. Woke up, coffee, SR, munching on food, SR, more munching on food, SR.

Next mabe a shower and put on a movie. More SR.

Not very encouraging is it? But there is an encouraging part, no alcohol. No sickness stopped me from drinking before. I was a real trooper and always drank my normal amount right through it.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

getting up, feeding cats, rushing out off house without breakfirst to wrok, working, work meeting, driving home, having lunch, feedig stray cats, now relaxing, next have to paint my shed, clean swimming pool, exercise, cook dinner ....... It never stops
Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hmm....
coffee, out to buy a video game for my son and some much needed groceries. more coffee, put groceries away and watched son start to play said video game, all the while pretending I understand what the point of it is - which I clearly don't.
more coffee (last one, I swear....) and SR.
Unable to get my though process in gear to figure out what to do next.

oh yea, the point of this was to throw you motivation....sorry! If, however, I find motivation at any point today, I'm totally willing to share it with you!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I got the bathroom cleaned. Sat for a smoke and now trying to figure out how I lost the pack in 3 seconds...caffeine, fuzzy brained, how did I do that?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Guess what I found that fell under the cabinet. Instead of a messier mess with anxiety, frustration and anger (and who knows what else a drunken fool may do), I forged on with cleaning, then saw it under the cabinet....I am NOT losing my mind today!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Let's kick the old short term memory in gear. Early morning walk, breakfast, laundry, SR, meditation, reading, SR, late morning walk, lunch, reading, SR, talking to neighbor trying to quit smoking, SR. Classic rock throughout most. That's about it.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This probably won't be too motivational...I had quite the day today...
Woke up. Feed cat and fish. Get ready for work. Go to work. SR. Cry at work. SR. Do some work. Grocery shopping. Come home. Talk with boyfriends Mom. Actually laughed. Play with kitty. SR right now.
Plan on watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Yea...it's my guilty pleasure. Leamme alone. ;P
Old 08-12-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bayliss View Post
This probably won't be too motivational...I had quite the day today...
Woke up. Feed cat and fish. Get ready for work. Go to work. SR. Cry at work. SR. Do some work. Grocery shopping. Come home. Talk with boyfriends Mom. Actually laughed. Play with kitty. SR right now.
Plan on watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Yea...it's my guilty pleasure. Leamme alone. ;P
:rotfxko That's ok. I like the science and history channel. But when nothing is on, I like King of the Hill, family guy and south park. Life is too stressful to be serious all the time. Oh and I love to watch celebrity ghost stories so I can laugh at all the washed up actors and actresses
Old 08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Woke up. Meditation. Fed dogs. Hung out with the Hubby. Ate. Drank a pot of tea. Fed the animals. Yoga. Meditation. Went to work. Dairy queen. Walked dogs. Hung out with the kids. thinking about making dinner. I did SR in between each
I too have shows I watch that I would never admit to. Once, maybe more like 2 or 3 times I watched every episode of The Hills from beginning to end.
I do watch the family guy and the simpsons. I sure do enjoy brainless fluff.

Oh! I also cried a bit here and there. Just had to release some stuff.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lol! We all have our embarrassingly guilty pleasures.
I also love Billy the Exterminator - ha ha.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Went to work, gave away all of beer accessories and now I'm going to the gym for 2 hours. Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

well I have a yellow shed now, thinking of repainting it. Any polls on a lemon yellow shed?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

heh. guilty pleasure tv shows are funny...thankfully I don't have any of my own (a-hem, wink)

and is it just me or is everyone WAY more ambitious than me today?? yeesh. I feel completely useless after reading these posts. All i've done since my outing this morning was grab some steak/green beans and watermelon for dinner - and now back to SR hoping it will somehow cook itself.

yikes.

I better get on the ball here........a whole day wasted. didn't even make it into work - guess that means I'll be there for a few hours tomorrow. yuck. on a Sat. but at least it'll get me out of the house!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Klynn33 View Post
heh. guilty pleasure tv shows are funny...thankfully I don't have any of my own (a-hem, wink)

and is it just me or is everyone WAY more ambitious than me today?? yeesh. I feel completely useless after reading these posts. All i've done since my outing this morning was grab some steak/green beans and watermelon for dinner - and now back to SR hoping it will somehow cook itself.

yikes.

I better get on the ball here........a whole day wasted. didn't even make it into work - guess that means I'll be there for a few hours tomorrow. yuck. on a Sat. but at least it'll get me out of the house!
Hahahaha. I was hoping my dinner would cook itself. Luckily - it was cooked by someone else {picked some tenders and whatnot from the grocery store }.
This is my first weekend without drinking so I am going to be on here a lot tomorrow so I shall see you on here! Work on a Sat - bleh. But true! You will get out of the house!

I actually think I might go through some cookbooks tomorrow morning and cook up a good - yummy {and healthy!} feast for dinner. That'll be fun and keep me occupied for a few hours during my toughest time {5-7pm}.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SASA View Post
well I have a yellow shed now, thinking of repainting it. Any polls on a lemon yellow shed?
Maybe rainbow? Will take more time to paint.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Today was a day off for me, so the day started off kind of boring with breakfast and house chores.

But, at 10am, we decided to drive to a funky/artsy area a couple of hours away and stroll around, eat ice-cream and we went to a theatre performance of My Fair Lady. We had supper on the drive home, so it was a perfect summer day. I'm not a huge fan of show tunes, but the music from My Fair Lady is so fun!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I work nights so I slept most of the day. Did get some laundry done, though.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~sb

I'd like to say I'm jealous, but it's a good thing I only have a few antenna channels available for now...so, no guilty tv for me. Sometimes there's no blips. I used to have satellite blah blah blah, but that was when...sigh. I'm not complaining, lots to do and SR via dying phone is good enough. I have antenna scheduled to turn off after an hour....makes me realize my wasting time.

Best thing today is having my 5th step scheduled for a week from Sunday. 4th step to be written Saturday. I'm working the steps! Yay!!

I did make apple oatmeal quick bread today.
Peace!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
~sb

The reason for this scheduled step work is due to my reading my posts on here. Although my intentions were honest, etc, I read harshness and underlying anger. For that, I am deeply regretful. Since I am denying my anger, my sponsor will help me to reveal more of me to me. For this, I thank all of you here at SR.

Thank you! I appreciate you all.