Notices

First day without a job. :-/

Old 08-11-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day without a job. :-/

Well my job ended yesterday which really sux because I really need to pay off my credit card bill and my income tax which is about $1600. I can pay off the taxes I owe and still pay my minimum for my credit card which is about $180 a month. So that is straight away. Just need to get my driver's license and go the unemployment office so I can give the little income I will get the next few months or until I find a new job which is not an easy thing to do in these days. I'm still on track with not drinking which it's almost 2 months now since the my last binge which is a good thing.

Not nervous or the urge to drink so I will like my life is under control for now on. Feels good to take charge of my life again. More so then before I had a drinking problem.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Excellent...keep in action...Act1onpack. I have been unemployed/laid off for quite some time and have utilized the time to search for work everyday and to strengthen in the steps thru my HP...and feel most certain will have a job soon. Just wanted to send some encouragement to you..an affirmation if you will...to not drink. Thank you for sharing and congrats on your sobriety!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My particular program of recovery is AA. If I lost my job I would try to look at it as an opportunity to attend a lot of AA meetings.

I don't know what your program of recovery is, but the free time you have right now can be used to make your program stronger.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
My particular program of recovery is AA. If I lost my job I would try to look at it as an opportunity to attend a lot of AA meetings.

I don't know what your program of recovery is, but the free time you have right now can be used to make your program stronger.
I don't use any type of recovery program. Doing it on my own and find that I'm doing really well now. I know I would be losing my job. Just had to feel up my days with searching for a new job and finishing my website portfolio. Don't think about alcohol that much anymore and my curves are just to easy to control now.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Good work!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

After I lost my job (due to dumb drinking) I used the time I had to strengthen myself. Learn about me...learn about what I needed to do in life. I knew when the time was right and I was strong enough to continue it would happen. I have been employed for 4 months and recently got a promotion.
Something will come about for you. Patience is a good thing to hold close. You'll be just fine as long as you remain sober.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck with the job search act10n

D