Notices

Day (a life without drugs)

Old 08-11-2011, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day (a life without drugs)

Hey all, im new to these forums , infact its new for me to be even talking about my drug problem, which is with crack cocain
this is my 3rd day and its going well, very hard but well,
i am notan addict but ill get payed and abuse crack till i have no money left. i work away and whilst im away i stay clear of drugs, but when im home i can get it so it becomes a problem. over these past 3 days i have been chatting to people like me and people whoo have fully recoverd, via forums like this and other sites and its really helping, the advice and tips im getting are priceless.
as im new to this exact forum, i would love anyones advice on how to cope with the hard times, when im down and just want to get high to take me away from it all, or especiallyt the times when i have money, i dont even have to be depressed, if i have money i want drugs, however i have had money for the past 2 days and havent got drugs,. but its getting really hard. the one person i need to help me has basically told me to go away, so i more or less alone, i can do it , i no that i can but any pointers advice or stories that may help will be good for me,
i have also started an online diary, which started on day 0, thats got my day to day stuggle to get away from it all, i would love for people to look at it and give words of insperation, or anything. im literally very close to hitting my bottom and i dont want to.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard.

How about finding other non-destructive activities you can spend your money on?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by thejunky View Post
Hey all, im new to these forums , infact its new for me to be even talking about my drug problem, which is with crack cocain
this is my 3rd day and its going well, very hard but well,
i am notan addict but ill get payed and abuse crack till i have no money left. i work away and whilst im away i stay clear of drugs, but when im home i can get it so it becomes a problem. over these past 3 days i have been chatting to people like me and people whoo have fully recoverd, via forums like this and other sites and its really helping, the advice and tips im getting are priceless.
as im new to this exact forum, i would love anyones advice on how to cope with the hard times, when im down and just want to get high to take me away from it all, or especiallyt the times when i have money, i dont even have to be depressed, if i have money i want drugs, however i have had money for the past 2 days and havent got drugs,. but its getting really hard. the one person i need to help me has basically told me to go away, so i more or less alone, i can do it , i no that i can but any pointers advice or stories that may help will be good for me,
i have also started an online diary, which started on day 0, thats got my day to day stuggle to get away from it all, i would love for people to look at it and give words of insperation, or anything. im literally very close to hitting my bottom and i dont want to.
The trip to carryin' on.Is not to get carried away.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome junky...I am an alcoholic but about 25 years ago abused cocaine for a time. I know whatcha mean...the best thing to do is hang here and with like minded people. Can you get into some type of rehab?
I found it to be very rewarding, knowledgable and life turning. I look at things differently now. You say "and just want to get high to take me away from it all"...take you away from what? You need to find out the root of where your wanting to use is coming from. Life isn't that bad sober. Really. I prefer to 'get away' in my head...in my life...not in the bottle anymore. There is just so much more to life than the dependancy on a DOC.
Glad you're here...you sound sincere.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

to SR
Old 08-11-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi thejunky -

Congratulations on getting through the past couple days..... I remember having to take it minute by minute, and hour by hour at first. Hanging out here really helped me get through the cravings. It's like I had two people living in my head: the addict and the real me.

If having money is a trigger, why not open a savings account? (Set a goal for a major purchase in the future) There are going to be times when it feels like escape is the only option, but it's not. I don't like emotions either (!), but I found that they're always changing - getting through them actually made it a lot easier in the long run, and it's gotten easier with practice.

Good to have you with us!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

"I'm not an alcoholic, I just have a problem with cocaine (snorting or smoking)." I said that years ago.

I AM an alcoholic who likes to accessorize with other things.
Today, I have 87 clean days in a row.
Best wishes to you.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

thejunky - So glad to meet you. I know I felt much better when I started talking about my alcohol dependence. Most people I knew didn't have a problem and wouldn't have understood why I didn't 'just say no'. When I found SR I was relieved from the pressure of keeping it a secret - it felt so good to finally have it out in the open.

I hope you'll stay and continue sharing your thoughts with us. Congratulations on reaching out for a better life.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi TJ.

I know you'll find a lot of support here. You might also be interested in our substance abuse forum:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR
D
Old 08-13-2011, 04:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wow thanks alot people. your advice and tales are very helpfull. its day 4 now and im doing well, im still keeping with the blog diary and that alone is reallly really hellping, These Addiction forums across the internet are literally a life line for people like me, as i cannot go to the doctor for help due to jepodising my job, im so happpy that i joined, i will keep you updated , thanks again