Notices

Hope leaves...i need help...Miami, FL

Old 08-08-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope leaves...i need help...Miami, FL

I think I reached point today that not only is wrong but also very scary. I got home with all motivation to NOT drink, I had almost drunk a full bottle of rum on Saturday night. I was so drunk and felt so bad yesterday (Sunday) that I didn't drink yesterday but today it was alot easier to drink since I had that extra day to recover.

So I pour me two small drinks (all that's left in the bottle) and I say to myself "OK only 2 drinks left in bottle"....bad mistake. After that I went to the liquor store and bought me another bottle. What makes it bad is I bought that bottle after I took my blood pressure (after almost 6 months of not taking it) and I was at 160 over 96. Extremely high of course. So now I come to this moment in rationale thinking that doesn't make sense. I KNOW the situation..... I take blood pressure medication but still decide to buy a bottle after seeing my blood pressure is higher than BEFORE I started on that medication a year ago.

I think sometimes Im going to die and from reading many medical articles online about drinking and high blood pressure and diabetes (yes diabetes). WHAT THE HELL IMMA I DOING. I don't have a death-wish, actually im scared ******** of it (death). I couldn't get to sleep last night because of all these weird doomsday dreams. I really think I need help

Yesterday was my grandsons B-day (yes im young but have grandkids) (btw I felt so bad I almost didn't go to the party) and my son shows me a photo album and out of probably 15 pics I had a drink in like 13 pics. I consider myself a thinker, I read and feel I have a basic understanding of many different subjects just by reading so its not ignorance... its addiction.

I realize I need some help but haven't come to accepting that fact. I'm interested in AA but find the website confusing and find the whole religious type format a turnoff but at this point I have to try anything. I would like to find someone that would be willing to at least talk to me on the phone and explain how it works. Although it might seem like I'm a socially afraid person, I'm not. I have worked in a public contact (customer service) field for 21 years but I guess speaking about your own problems is different.

I live in Miami-Dade county Florida and willing to talk to anyone who might want to help. I hope I'm not a "lost case". I have alot of problems "marital, financial and of course health" but I feel most of my failures are directly connected to drinking excessively and If I can control that BIG problem I can then begin to address everything else.

I really hope to hear back....I tried posting my email but I dont have 15 posts yet so I cannot. Please write me here and I will contact you

BTW... I have posted here before... I checked. My first post here was more than 2 years ago. Add on top of that many years of drinking daily. I NEED HELP

Carlos
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Carlos

Good to see you again - I'm sorry you're struggling tho.

I'm not in FL but I encourage you to look at these links...I'm betting you can google local FL links for most of them

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I'd also encourage you to see a Dr - detox can be rough for some of us, especially if we;ve been drinking regularly for a while.

D
Old 08-08-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't live in Florida, but I visit often and I know that there are a ton of AA meetings in South Florida. It sounds like a lot of issues you describe in your life have the common denominator of alcohol.

So why not quit and improve your life? It takes work but the program of AA can show you a solution that has worked for a lot of people. What have you got to lose (except misery)?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Here are some phone numbers and hotlines that might help you to understand AA better and answer some of your questions directly.

Miami-Dade
299 Alhambra Circle
Suite 309
Coral Gables FL 33134
24 Hr. Answering Service 305-461-2425
FAX: 305-461-2426

24 Hour Hotline 941 426-7723

24 Hour Hotline 407 260-5408

As far as AA being religious this is a common misconception. AA is not about religion but spirituality. A belief that somewhere out there their is a power that is greater than ourselves. That could be the God of religion, Buddah, universal energy, basically anything that we believe is more powerful than us. It doesn't have to be a religious God. Personally I do not subscribe to organized religion but have been sober using and following the AA program for 10 years, so it can work for people who are not religious.

I do hope you find the sobriety you so desperately are seeking.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

24 hour line 305-461-2425

Call & ask your questions and check their website. The reason for meetings is "So others may find us"

Best wishes on your spiritual not religious journey!

Last edited by sugarbear1; 08-08-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: erased wrong link to site
Old 08-08-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

I typed www.

[email protected]

Or search: aa miami dade fl
Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all

Thanks for your concern and interest. i will check those links but still hoping for a local person who can show me the ropes or at least guide me towards them.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

That 24 hour line should be a live person. I answer the washington dc line, along with many others. From 10 pm to 10 am the calls are forwarded to someone's personal phone. Our intergroup office is open 10 - 10. Call!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I don't live anywhere near Florida, but I would definitely take the advice given above. Go ahead and reach out-- what do you have to lose? Best of luck!